Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the swans gone?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know where the pair of swans and the four cygnets have gone from the Grand Canal at Mespil road?? Havent seen them in a while.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Gone to America? ;)

I saw a few swans around Cork area but a lot less in numbers lately - I havent seen any little chicks with the swans for years. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There are some in the park near me (Saggart) and they had a load of chicks not so long ago. Same last year (IIRC) as well. Mad looking little things with that grey coat.

There are usually a few in Bushy Park as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

For the love of....

LastCygnetSWNS_468x378.jpg

Not chicks, cygnets!

Apologises to Dyflin for deleting this post, an error on my behalf - Makikomi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

I checked with IWAI and they were of the opinion that the rats killed the babies and the parents then flew off!! I hate nature sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Jackob wrote: »
    I checked with IWAI and they were of the opinion that the rats killed the babies and the parents then flew off!! I hate nature sometimes.

I last saw them on the canal bank at the Northumberland Road bridge on the day of the Flora Women's Mini Marathon (that would have the 7th of June). They were surrounded by a large group of runners and tourists taking photos and the parents looked like they were about to attack anyone that got too close. It wouldn't surprise me if some predator got the cygnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Moved from the Help Desk.
    The swans? :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement