Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Exam Question - Help Please!

Options
  • 19-07-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I won't get into the why's now, but let's just say I didn't have my priorities straight in the Autumn semester. I've got two repeat exams to do.
    Got an e-mail a while ago saying that for one of the repeat exams there was 60% repeat coursework and a 30% exam - however, if you hadn't handed in some of the coursework beforehand you were asked to contact the lecturer which I did. I got a reply that said

You failed to hand in some coursework ....
    Given the nature of the course, repeat coursework is not an option.

The repeat exam will therefore count for 100% of all marks for this course.

Does this mean, that the most I can get is 30% or, does it mean that the exam accounts for the entirety of the repeat and that i can pass?

in a good panic at the moment. All help will be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    does it mean that the exam accounts for the entirety of the repeat
    Definitely that one. In other words, an exam for 100% of the module's marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

sceptre wrote: »

If I could reach through the internet and hug you with delight, I would! :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

sceptre wrote: »
    I think repeats are capped at a C3 so even if you get 100 % you only get a C3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I think repeats are capped at a C3 so even if you get 100 % you only get a C3
    Indeed and they are. However, that's a grade ceiling, not a mark reduction - in other words it doesn't affect Dr Baltar's ability to gain a passing grade, which reduction of his exam marks to a 30% total would do. So I didn't add on that info as that's always the case for a repeat and the info wasn't relevant to the question:) (though for clarity perhaps I should have)

Advertisement