Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay Broadband Problem

Options
  • 19-07-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I bought the Meteor HUAWEI E182 mobile internet device in December of last year. I signed up for the 18 month Bill Pay contract. At the time I was living in Galway city while at college but as of April this year I moved back home where there is no signal for the device.

I have contacted them via the meteor website and by dropping in to the shop where I bought it. They gave me some steps to try sort it out but nothing worked, and when I asked in the shop they said that there is no coverage out where I am and that if I was to cancel the contract I would have to pay rest of the bill up to the end date.

Is there any way I can cancel this without having to pay as I shall be living here for the next 12 months at least meaning it will never be in use?
    Also, what happens if my bank account is empty and the bills keep mounting up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You moved away from coverage, so no, they don't have to let you out of the contract if they don't want to.

There's probably nothing you can do in this case. Either keep paying, or pay anyway. Probably best to keep it in case anything changes, or you move again.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Bummer... I suppose that is the only option really. The thing with my bank account though is that there's no money in it at the moment. The bill I got from Meteor yesterday said that I still owe them last month's bill as well, so I was wondering what happens then, as in can they overdraw my account because judging by the bill they weren't able to receive payment for last month?

Oh, I have a friend who mentioned something about a law coming in or something where contracts must be renewed every 12 months and that 18 month contracts won't be possible? I'm not sure if that was for real or if maybe it has some other implications.

Other than that thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only your bank can over draw your account, not Meteor, so it's up to the bank as to whether they over draw the account or deny the direct debit. Either of these will result in large fees for you, so don't allow this to happen. You can't just ignore this, as it will not go away.

As for the law change; I haven't heard of anything. I doubt it will effect an existing contract though, only ones that start after the change in the law (if there is any change to come).

Advertisement