If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Turntable

Options
  • 19-07-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a very cheap and cheerful turntable. I'm not a big vinyl head but I have a few limited editions I'd love to hear. I have a receiver system that will work fine as an amp so just need a turn table.

I saw on your site that they start at £160ish and that's way more than I was looking to pay. Was trying to find a 2nd hand one to no avail so if you have anything lying around that I could practically steal off you it would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

NothingMan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a very cheap and cheerful turntable. I'm not a big vinyl head but I have a few limited editions I'd love to hear. I have a receiver system that will work fine as an amp so just need a turn table.

I saw on your site that they start at £160ish and that's way more than I was looking to pay. Was trying to find a 2nd hand one to no avail so if you have anything lying around that I could practically steal off you it would be great.

Thanks.

Nothing,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o - How about this http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/ion/profile-express/ion-profile-express - It's a new listing and at just £59.95 it really is an excellent deal as it the ION Profile Express is the ideal way to transfer records to computer.

Featuring a built-in USB output, simply connect this USB turntable to your PC or Mac and transfer your records to the computer's hard drive. From here you're free to do what you want with the music; load up your iPod or make CDs of your old favourites. At last, irreplaceable music on vinyl is fully portable! Should you have any 78s, you can even record these - although using a separate 78 stylus is advisable.

Making the recording process even easier and more effective is the supplied Ez Vinyl Convertor 2/Audacity software. This works on either PC or Mac and also removes surface noise, pops and clicks from your records.

As with all USB turntables, the ION Profile has a built-in phono stage. This lets you plug the turntable straight into any hi-fi with an auxiliary input. Once plugged in, the Profile works just like an ordinary turntable and supports both 33.3 and 45rpm speeds.

Coming complete with a dust lid, software and all the cables required, the ION Profile Express is a fantastic value product and an extremely cost effective way of using your old, or new, records again. To be honest you would be bonkers to buy a second hand unit when you can get this at just £59.95 / €72.99!

Keep me posted if yuo are interested in this or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hi John

Sorry for ignoring this for so long. I bought an old gramophone thinking it would be all cool and retro, until I got it home and it only plays at 78rpm. Sure how was I to know there was a difference, I'm from the mp3 generation.

Anyway, I would like to take the ion USB player, I checked on line and you beat everyone's prices so can't go too far wrong. Is this available for collection in Dublin or would I have to pay a delivery charge?

On a side note, would you be interested in an antique gramophone player? :D

I wonder if the antiques roadshow ever comes around here.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

NothingMan wrote: »
    Hi John

Sorry for ignoring this for so long. I bought an old gramophone thinking it would be all cool and retro, until I got it home and it only plays at 78rpm. Sure how was I to know there was a difference, I'm from the mp3 generation.

Anyway, I would like to take the ion USB player, I checked on line and you beat everyone's prices so can't go too far wrong. Is this available for collection in Dublin or would I have to pay a delivery charge?

On a side note, would you be interested in an antique gramophone player? :D

I wonder if the antiques roadshow ever comes around here.

Nothing,

no problem - I'm not insulted that you decided not to take my advice in the 1st instance but I won't hold it against you ;)

We are out of stock of the Ion but we expect to have it back next Friday (13th) so if you would like one just drop me a PM with your contact details and we will give you a shout as soon as it's in.

On the delivery front we can deliver anywhere in Ireland for just £11.99.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Nothing,

no problem - I'm not insulted that you decided not to take my advice in the 1st instance but I won't hold it against you ;)

We are out of stock of the Ion but we expect to have it back next Friday (13th) so if you would like one just drop me a PM with your contact details and we will give you a shout as soon as it's in.

On the delivery front we can deliver anywhere in Ireland for just £11.99.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

What can I say, I was swept up with the cool 1920's look.

Firday the 13th, I don't want a haunted record player.

Is there no option for collection on this?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.