Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dunnes strawberries

Options
  • 19-07-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

wexford strawberries £1.49 in belfast, E3.29 in dublin. the exact same product.

that's bad enough, but it doesn't make sense in terms of transport costs either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

milly4ever wrote: »
    wexford strawberries £1.49 in belfast, E3.29 in dublin. the exact same product.

that's bad enough, but it doesn't make sense in terms of transport costs either!

But might in terms of labour costs, rates and VAT rate.
    Just saying is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

d'Oracle wrote: »
    But might in terms of labour costs, rates and VAT rate.
    Just saying is all.

1.49 sterling = €1.79 as per XE.com

Don't think vat and labour would bump the price of strawberries picked and shipped from Wexford to Belfast and leave us paying nearly double the price in the south.

It's simple, it's a rip off! We'll pay it and not whinge!
    How's it a rip off? Strawberries picked in Wexford, put in crates and boxes and shipped throughout Ireland. I doubt dunnes have two different purchasing prices (one for strawberries going north and one for south)
    Strawberries that find themselves after a near 200 mile journey can be bought at half the price in Dunnes Belfast, as Dunnes in say Enniscorthy? There's just no defending it in my eyes!

I for one don't buy into the higher labour and vat costs anyway.
    I'm from the north, and work in the south and I can tell you with 100% certainy that I don't get double the wages my mates earn in the north for my labour lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The strawberries in dunnes northern Ireland are on special offer.

Link to their promotion here

I don't know what they are normally retailing at so can't tell you how much of a difference is normally present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

The strawberries in dunnes northern Ireland are on special offer.

Link to their promotion here

I don't know what they are normally retailing at so can't tell you how much of a difference is normally present.

well it's a very long special offer as they have been selling them at that price the whole summer!
    even if it is on special offer, why not in dublin too? it's the same company and the same product after all.

EDIT i see they are on special offer: 2 for E6! bargain :rolleyes:

Advertisement