Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

good game for 900 points

• 19-07-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, so i havent got my xbox online in about a year or so. I am looking for a good (mainly single player) game. I will have 900 points left after i buy Linbo, so what suggestions to you guys have? I have SF turbo and braid already. Braid is awesome :D

Comments

wait for shadow complex and / or trials hd to be on special again or get another 300 points from somewhere!
    Perfect Dark is 800 - don't have it but pretty good I hear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Perfect Dark is very good, but I'd recommend Castlevania: Symphony of the Night first and foremost. Probably my favourite XBLA title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mr. K wrote: »
    Perfect Dark is very good, but I'd recommend Castlevania: Symphony of the Night first and foremost. Probably my favourite XBLA title.

I'll have a look at Castlevania alright, never knew much about these games. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Is Peggle 800 points these days? If so that's a winner!

Moiph wrote: »
    Is Peggle 800 points these days? If so that's a winner!

peggle eh? I'll check that out too. I love puzzle games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Apart from those mentioned already, I'd also recommend...

'Splosion Man
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    The Maw
    Rez HD

:)

gizmo wrote: »
    Apart from those mentioned already, I'd also recommend...

'Splosion Man
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    The Maw
    Rez HD

:)

Splosion man looks fun, I already have rez, which is fantastic. Geometry Wars looks cool, i love games like that. I browsed through some of the live games last night and it is so hard to see what is good just by looking at the name and a few screenshots, thank again for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

thorbarry wrote: »
    hard to see what is good just by looking at the name and a few screenshots, thank again for the suggestions

Look at the gameplay on youtube of the games that take your fancy.

Also Chime think it's 800 points. Good puzzle game and good music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Splosion man looks fun, I already have rez, which is fantastic. Geometry Wars looks cool, i love games like that. I browsed through some of the live games last night and it is so hard to see what is good just by looking at the name and a few screenshots, thank again for the suggestions
    Quite true. Thankfully they all have demos so it's easy to find out for yourself.

That being said I think I got all of the great ones here from another thread so hopefully this is some help...
    'Splosion Man, Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers, Dishwasher Samurai, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Lucidity, N+, Shadow Complex, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, The Maw, Trials HD, Wik and the Fable of Souls, The Secret of Monkey Island, Rez HD, Risk Factions, Serious Sam HD, Perfect Dark HD, Earthworm Jim HD, Braid, Super Puzzle Fighter, Super Street Fighter II HD, Battlefield 1943.

gizmo wrote: »
    Quite true. Thankfully they all have demos so it's easy to find out for yourself.

That being said I think I got all of the great ones here from another thread so hopefully this is some help...

Cheers man, I think i have enough now to make a choice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

A lot of the time they discount 1200MSP games to 800MSP. If you can manage to hold on to your points for a while you might spot something great for cheaper. This week unfortunately is just a bunch of AC2 DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'll throw my 2c in and say Sensible World of Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Marvel vs Capcom 2

So i got a round to trying a demo of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, while its a fun game I couldnt see me putting alot of time into it. I also got a demo of trials HD. I might wait till this goes on offer again, or maybe buy even more points, its a great game. I own joe danger on the ps3, but I much prefer the style of gameplay on trials HD.

Also splosion man looks like good fun, I'm gonna get a trial of that next :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 is 800 points

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 is 800 points

See my previous post :p

So i just got around to trying splosion man, it was pretty good, but i could see it getting a bit repetitive. Does the game change or progress much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

See my previous post :p

touché ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Earthworm Jim HD. Pure retro heaven, in glorious HD.....all for 800MS points.

Earthworm Jim HD. Pure retro heaven, in glorious HD.....all for 800MS points.

yea im gonna try that next. I did really enjoy that game when it came out. How does it hold up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

doom or duke nukem. prince o persia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

yea im gonna try that next. I did really enjoy that game when it came out. How does it hold up?

havent tried it myself yet, but downloaded the trailer for it on xbox live and it looks pretty impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero will be out in August. It'll cost 400 MSP and that's a bargain for a few hours of Zombie slashing fun (although that does leave you with the problem of having 500 MSP left over :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So i just got around to trying splosion man, it was pretty good, but i could see it getting a bit repetitive. Does the game change or progress much?

It introduces more elements and ramps up the difficulty and gets pretty challenging at times. I've had it over a year now and I still love it!

Advertisement