Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunting Rifle in .308 Required

• 19-07-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Have €1800 to spend, looking for rifle and scope. Have been looking at Tikka T3, remington 700, and CZ 550 so far. So willing to consider all options. Needs to be in .308 and must have good quality scope for seeing them tasty deer:D! Would also prefer it threaded even with moderator already in place!
    Second hand or new considered. Have to get those gun/deer licence apps under way Very very soon!

Cheers,

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭andyh85

I had the same problem just last week. i ended up going with a new tikka t3 varment in .308 wtih a threaded blued barrel. I paid €1050 for it after a bit of searching around, you should just ring around and see whats available to you form your local gun dealers, as they will all be keen to take your notes:D. i also got offered a new steyr (lite barrel) for €1050. their a nice gun but i was just looking for something a bit heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭diveshark

Was that in Paul O Hallorans?
    Spoke to him yesterday so headin down to him sat morn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 184 ✭✭custom 7mm08

there is a gun dealer in kerry called mike duggan he has a 308 as far as i know if not he would be able to get you one no bother if you want his number pm me for it

bit too far. Thanks for the information though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Saw this on Gun trader

Category Rifles

Created 03-07-2010
    Owner joey
    Title remington700 vsf .308
    Description perfectv condition only 100 shots fired from new
    heavy fluted varmint barrel
    timney trigger
    8-38x56 ags scope
    many other extras
    Private or Gun Dealer Private
    Price 1500 or nearest offer
    County laois
    Contact joe
    Mobile 0877571913
    E-mail lee_harvey_oswald1@hotmail.com
    http://irishguntrader.openseason.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Its Kerry but worth a look

Category Rifles

Created 21-06-2010
    Owner landersfirearms
    Title Remington 700 VLS Laminated .308 BAR
    Description New Gun Heavy barrel laminated stock Ref X693
    Private or Gun Dealer Gun Dealer
    Price List Price €1370.00 Spl Cash Price €850.00
    County KERRY
    Contact Robert or Tim
    Mobile 066-7126644
    E-mail info@landers.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Hey there is a Weatherby Vanguard .308 in Stakelums down in thurles.If I was going for a light .308 for deer I'd get something like that.Rock solid action and secondhand so should'nt be too expensive.

excellent lads!
    Thank you for that, heading to, paul o halloran and stakelums in thurles on sat morn so will take a look at those!

Saw this on Gun trader

Category Rifles

Created 03-07-2010
    Owner joey
    Title remington700 vsf .308
    Description perfectv condition only 100 shots fired from new
    heavy fluted varmint barrel
    timney trigger
    8-38x56 ags scope
    many other extras
    Private or Gun Dealer Private
    Price 1500 or nearest offer
    County laois
    Contact joe
    Mobile 0877571913
    E-mail lee_harvey_oswald1@hotmail.com
    http://irishguntrader.openseason.ie/

brilliant information! thank you. Will ahev this sorted by the wkend either way!!! ye ha!:D

Advertisement