Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Bundoran

Options
  • 19-07-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Ok guys,
    Heading to Bundoran for a week with some friends and was just wondering what's the best (cheapest/quickest) way to get there using public transport. Can't seem to find anything on the Bus Eireann website.

Also is there any direct buses from Bundoran to Galway? There's a match on I would like to catch but, if I've to miss it I will. Thanks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

two options..........

1) get train/bus to sligo and then get bus to Bundoran. train is about 3 hrs to sligo and then about 35 mins by bus to bundoran. Bus to sligo is about 4hrs.

2)get bus to Ballyshannon(3-4 hrs) and then connecting bus to Bundoran(ten mins)

Both CIE and Feda O donnell Pass through Bundoran daily to galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

frag420 wrote: »
    two options..........

1) get train/bus to sligo and then get bus to Bundoran. train is about 3 hrs to sligo and then about 35 mins by bus to bundoran. Bus to sligo is about 4hrs.

2)get bus to Ballyshannon(3-4 hrs) and then connecting bus to Bundoran(ten mins)

Both CIE and Feda O donnell Pass through Bundoran daily to galway.

Cheers, would you know what CIE bus in particular goes to Galway?

Edit: Found it, cheers.

There's no direct route from Dublin to Bundoran then? Shouldn't be a problem anyway. Cheers

no worries, enjoy fundoran

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just a quick note on feda, thier stop is about a 5 minute walk from the train station in sligo, and about a minute or two from the CIE stop in ballyshannon. sometimes they might have two buses running depending on time of day and day of week, check with driver if stopping in bundoran as one of the buses sometimes bypasses bundoran/ballyshannon. Its not always the driver who collects the fares, sometimes has someone collecting whilst bus moving along.

Its bee so long since I used Feda I had forgetten about that. Yeah the stop for feda in Bundoran is at the Hollyrood hotel and in Ballyshannon it at the Bundoran exit of the roundabout.

frAg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

One of our group will be heading up later on Saturday and might miss any buses between Ballyshannon and Bundoran. Would a taxi cost much or would she be better off heading up on Sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

One of our group will be heading up later on Saturday and might miss any buses between Ballyshannon and Bundoran. Would a taxi cost much or would she be better off heading up on Sunday morning?
    Its only a couple of miles and Id guess that about €12 - €15 should cover it. Someone from the area could confirm this though.

what Muffler said..............no more than 15 bucks.

I have walked it manys the time but believe me it helps to be drunk when walking it!!

frAg

Advertisement