Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 question?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey guys was wondering if ppl might be able to help me with some info.

I'm due to arrive in Melbourne on the 30th of July, my 457 is currently in progress and I think it could be a close call whether or not it'll be process in time. I've spoken to my case-officer and he couldn't recommend a visa per se. I've been advised to get an eVisitor visa to allow me enter, which I now have, and he said it wouldn't affect my 457 application.

I've got this evisitor visa now and I'm just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation and did they have any trouble on entry.I'm going to let my case-office know the situation so it's on file so i'm hoping its all good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mush500 wrote: »
    Hey guys was wondering if ppl might be able to help me with some info.

I'm due to arrive in Melbourne on the 30th of July, my 457 is currently in progress and I think it could be a close call whether or not it'll be process in time. I've spoken to my case-officer and he couldn't recommend a visa per se. I've been advised to get an eVisitor visa to allow me enter, which I now have, and he said it wouldn't affect my 457 application.

I've got this evisitor visa now and I'm just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation and did they have any trouble on entry.I'm going to let my case-office know the situation so it's on file so i'm hoping its all good.

You won't have any trouble if your 457 is granted it will over ride the eVistor, if it is not granted then your eVistor will do just fine.

Advertisement