Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Silence

Options
  • 19-07-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Now now, I know some people refuse to listen to bands that have the word "core" in their genre, but I feel death should even it out.
    Even if you're not mad for this genre in general, just be open minded and give them a try.

This is a track off their most recent album. It has the most horrible sound in the world at the start of it and I fucking love it.

And something a little earlier.

Love this band, give them a try at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Gotta be honest, one of my least favourite from the Deathcore genre, but I tend to prefer the more progressive/melodic stuff like Knives Exchanging Hands or All Shall Perish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All Shall Perish have been one of my favorites for a long time, I've just been on a big SS buzz lately.

Love this song.

One thing that annoys me about ASP is the endless breakdowns that they can come out with sometimes.

As far progressive stuff goes, these guys just can't be beat.

I'm fairly sure people with disagree with that statement, but they're my favorite progressive band.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only deathcore band I particularly listen to is The Black Dahlia Murder. SS aren't bad, they just wouldn't really be what I'd listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I use to think SS were a bit much when I first got into them.
    I found it hard to sit down and listen to a whole album because of the amount of stuff going on in some of there songs.
    They are definitely a band that grow on you though and they sound a a whole lot better through a proper stereo.

Did you get to see Black Dahlia last time they played over here?
    One of the best performances I've seen from any metal band.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CianRyan wrote: »
    Did you get to see Black Dahlia last time they played over here?
    Back with Cephalic Carnage, Sylosis and Psycroptic? Yeah, I did. Thought it was a good show alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

CianRyan wrote: »
    All Shall Perish have been one of my favorites for a long time, I've just been on a big SS buzz lately.

Love this song.
    *ASP*

One thing that annoys me about ASP is the endless breakdowns that they can come out with sometimes.

As far progressive stuff goes, these guys just can't be beat.

*BTBAM*

I'm fairly sure people with disagree with that statement, but they're my favorite progressive band.

Yeah sometimes the rhythm playing of ASP can be a bit of a bore, especially on Awaken The Dreamers but most of the songs as a whole are great. The breakdown on Stabbing to Purge... is pretty damn good though.

And gotta agree with BTBAM, my favourite band ever. But I was just talking about the deathcore progressive bands, there's some great stuff like Volumes or The Contortionist.

One of those bands I picked up on a whim and really grew to like, I can understand people who don't instantly get into the music but for me they're the very definition of a grow on you band.

Advertisement