Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Job Limerick

Options
  • 19-07-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm looking to get a job part-time while I'm in U.L. this year. Any advice for places that I should hand in CVs to??? I've experience in barwork&waitressing. Done a bit of shop work too.
    Any ideas would be great :) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hey,
    I'm looking to get a job part-time while I'm in U.L. this year. Any advice for places that I should hand in CVs to??? I've experience in barwork&waitressing. Done a bit of shop work too.
    Any ideas would be great :) Thanks!

Everywhere, literally. You've experience so you've an advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I started a thread on this back in my first year in UL; its there somewhere. Some pretty good answers in it. I didn't end up getting a job [turned one down from o2] and to be honest I'm glad I didn't. You're much better off working at home the weekends and enjoying the week in College. Obviously in some cases circumstances dictate otherwise but overall I'd say study/relax/drink during the week and work at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

Yeah would prefer to work the weekends at home alright but unfort jobs are kind of non-existant where I'm from!! So hoping i'll have better luck in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nowimtalkin

surely the students union need people to work throughout the year??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

surely the students union need people to work throughout the year??

how do you get those jobs tho?? and are they paid well.... always thought they were voluntary.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

there are many way's to get a job in the su the easest is to get involved ,

you could also try to become a ent (there the bouncers for all su gig's ) by asking for a applcation form behinde the su reception

being a ent meens that you will have to work some nites that you want to go out tho . although i know a few lads that work part time as bouncers in limerick becouse they are trained for the job

Advertisement