Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transferring gamer tag info from xbox memory stick to new xbox

• 19-07-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey, I just had all gamesaves from my xbox 360 hardrive downloaded onto the new slim xbox 360 version at Gamestop, trouble is I held onto the xbox 360 memory stick which holds all my gamertags (the only thing which can access my saves) I didn't realise at the time that the new xbox 360 slim didn't use the xbox 360 memory stick And when I got home and tried to look for a port for the memorty stick I saw that it didn't fit .
    Is there any way for the gamertags to be transferred from my xbox 360 memory stick to the new xbox 360 slim?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

you can recover them, sign out of a profile on your xbox and go to recover gamertag, i think it promps you to recover a gamertag when you load the xbox up for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

thanks i'll give that a go and see what happens

na, you have to be signed up to xbox live, i'm not, anyone else have an idea about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Do you use it online? ...I know the profile downloads when u have xbox live gold account, but even xbox silver accounts are on the xbox site and will download

if its just on the old HDD it shud transfer across, i was asked did i want to overwright my profile on the new xbox when i was transfering data from the old HDD, (already set up my gamertag on the new xbox) and worked ok after that =/

-=al=- wrote: »
    Do you use it online? ...I know the profile downloads when u have xbox live gold account, but even xbox silver accounts are on the xbox site and will download

if its just on the old HDD it shud transfer across, i was asked did i want to overwright my profile on the new xbox when i was transfering data from the old HDD, (already set up my gamertag on the new xbox) and worked ok after that =/

no, I think I'll have to go back to the shop tomorrow and ask them to put the gamertag data from the old xbox 360 memory stick onto an old xbox hardrive and then get them to transfer that small data like they did my hardrive originally, - Sh*t!

• Advertisement
Advertisement