Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBS part time MA in addiction studies

• 19-07-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

I cannot find the cost of this course listed in the fees section. HAs anyone here done it and how much did it cost.
    Also, when did lectures take place? Were they in the evening?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I assume it's half the full time cost of €7,700 per year, fire them an email for confirmation.

I did it a few years ago, the classes were on in the day time, there was no evening option back then anyway. It is probably the case that there is no evening option now, but again you have to contact them.

The hours were not very strenuous if I recall. There were those who did it "full time" while working. I think it was something like 4 lectures of 2 hours duration from Tue-Thurs full time. It's been a while but I think it was Tue 2-4, Wed 2-4, Thurs 11-1 and 2-4. Obviously it could be anything now.

So that was full time, the part time students did half the courses so they would have been in 2 days.

It was a very good and enjoyable course btw. I'm sure Rik Loose or someone else will be able to answer questions at their open evening next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Thanks for that :) I'm just doing a bit of research for my bf. He's thinking of applying for work as an SNA and I was wondering if the masters would be feasable if it clashed with the school day.
    I have emailed the college and i'm just waiting to hear back from them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I would imagine it's the same fees as the evening MA in Psychotherapy - €4750 per year for 2 years. Given their fee structure for other programmes I don't see it being half of the full time programme fees.

Best to give them a ring to clarify - they should be having open evenings at the moment too which will give the bf a chance to ask questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I received an email back. Your correct, the fees are 4750 per year and the lectures take place 2/3 days a week between 1 and 3pm and between 3 and 5pm.
    Thanks for the info :)

Advertisement