Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Doyle Prints?

• 19-07-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey,

Thinking of getting a photograph as a wedding present for friends and Bill Doyle's photos of Dublin are the kind of thing they'd like. Just wondering if anyone knows if one can buy Bill Doyle's prints? I googled his name and there's no sign of a website nor contact details.

Does anyone know if he has a studio or gallery where I could look through his photos to try and pick one. Plus what kind of price would one be talking about for an original print from a Photographer of his level? Cheers for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

googled his name and the very first link was this:
    http://www.galleryofphotography.ie/exhibitions/doyle.html

and it has contact info down the bottom to contact the photographer through the gallery, give them a ring would be the easy option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

his prints are very reasonable priced - he sells some himself - best bet is go to gallery of photography and check out his book Bill Doyles ireland and find print you like and ask them how you may purchase.
    Bill took my favourite photo of any irish photographer - a lady in a Church, that hangs proudly in my living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Just came across a collection of his stuff in the Galway City Museum at the weekend. I'd never heard of him, and was astounded by the photos -- they're amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Bill gets his prints done by Hetty Walsh in Cork. She is an excellent printer and the prints she produces are lovely.
    thebaz wrote: »
    Bill took my favourite photo of any irish photographer - a lady in a Church, that hangs proudly in my living room.

I spoke to Bill about that print. It was taken in the church that used to be on D'olier Street. He had popped in to the church & saw lady but did not have a camera with him. He ran home to get it and came back on the off chance she was still there. He said she had not moved & he got the shot, hand held. He said it's not quite as sharp as he would like but he was still pleased with it.

One of my favourites has to be the young lad walking past the girl in the mini-skirt. He had a story about that one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

CabanSail wrote: »

I spoke to Bill about that print. It was taken in the church that used to be on D'olier Street. He had popped in to the church & saw lady but did not have a camera with him. He ran home to get it and came back on the off chance she was still there. He said she had not moved & he got the shot, hand held. He said it's not quite as sharp as he would like but he was still pleased with it.

One of my favourites has to be the young lad walking past the girl in the mini-skirt. He had a story about that one too.

the few people that walk into my living room are astounded that is my favourite Irish image - i love the simplicity and geometry of it - its like a painting - just goes to show we all have different tastes in art

• Advertisement
Advertisement