Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage 16 - Tuesday, July 20 2010, Bagnères-de-Luchon - Pau, 196 km

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Moreau

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Ill go for fedrigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sandy to sneak it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Moreau

Can I change my mind?
    Barredo has 32 seconds...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    Casn I change my mind?
    Barredo has 32 seconds...

They should catch him on the hill.....

Go Morerau

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Oh please not lance. anyone but pharmstrong.

Hermy wrote: »
    Go Morerau

In fairness he did most of the work to catch Barredo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

lol @ Lances sprint atempt

• Advertisement

There is a god. And he hates Lance too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fedrigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Great!!! The Uniball didnt get it

me@ucd wrote: »
    Ill go for fedrigo

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Delighted for him. Another French win too. Great stuff.

Now hopefully Thor leads the leading group home

lol at Phil Ligget - Lance starts his sprint from the back of the group and Phil still thinks he's in with a chance.:rolleyes:

Genealogy Forum Mod

GO THOR!!!

Genealogy Forum Mod

looks like nico was about 3 beind thor

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

... and he does! Nico just in there behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

:cool:
    Ah stop patting yourself on the back - he was favourite in the bookies from a few k out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

why did Nico go the for the sprint in the peloton? (he came 13th, fair play!)
    Bit random though.

joker77 wrote: »
    Ah stop patting yourself on the back - he was favourite in the bookies from a few k out :D

maybe but I called it about 15min from the end ^ ;) and also dont have a clue where to get on the fly odds :) -because I dont bet on this sort of stuff at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Wow! some boos for Bertie! Almost feel bad for him ... actually no I do feel bad ... Go Schleck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

why did Nico go the for the sprint in the peloton? (he came 13th, fair play!)
    Bit random though.

He said after one of the earlier stages (the Stage won by Hushovd) that if he knew his group home was "sprinting" for 7th he'd have gone for it "for the laugh" :D

Few points on the green jersey. MAybe a couple of quid into the team kitty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Wow! some boos for Bertie! Almost feel bad for him ... actually no I do feel bad ... Go Schleck!

if the crowd were booing its pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Dodge wrote: »
    He said after one of the earlier stages (the Stage won by Hushovd) that if he knew his group home was "sprinting" for 7th he'd have gone for it "for the laugh" :D

Few points on the green jersey. MAybe a couple of quid into the team kitty

Maybe a bit of statement after yesterday's debacle with Gadret that after a long, tough day he had the legs to sprint, that he's still top man on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Nicholas-Roche.jpg
    Feed zone at Soulom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

ok we get it roche is in the peloton, let us know if he goes up the road or out the back :rolleyes:

...because I asked for updates as to how's he doing. Much appreciated Rovi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Hungrycol wrote: »
    ...because I asked for updates as to how's he doing. Much appreciated Rovi.

+1 Thanks Rovi and everyone else for posting during the day as I'm in work and watching in the net would not go down well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

well, I just can't see Schleck doing enough damage on Thursday for him to be in Yellow on Sunday. He may get 30 seconds on Contador during Thursday's stage but i just can't see him gaining a minute and a half which is the very least he would need going into the trial time on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just thought these shots of the tourmalet were fabulous (shame about the quality )

120935.jpg

120936.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

well, I just can't see Schleck doing enough damage on Thursday for him to be in Yellow on Sunday. He may get 30 seconds on Contador during Thursday's stage but i just can't see him gaining a minute and a half which is the very least he would need going into the trial time on Saturday.

Seconded.
    Andy needs some Bjarne Riis magic. Now Bjarne could climb a mountain...ahem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Jens Voigt descends the Peyresourde Pass on a loaner bike after a crash shattered his own

http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france/tour-features/saying-no-sag-wagon
    That stage pretty much got off on the wrong foot. For starters, we just went out so hard. We started out climbing up the Peyresourde Pass and everybody came out with their guns smoking.

I came over the top only 20 seconds down on the front group, but about 2 kilometers into the descent my front tire blew and I thought, “Oh God,” and I went down. Just one year after my horrible crash, and there I was tumbling on another mountain descent. And let me tell you, about the only place that feels good right now is my right ankle. The rest of me is all road rash. Plus I’ve got five stitches in my left elbow and then there are some ribs that are not in the right place! I may have to get x-rays, but I hate x-rays (the radiation), and plus, if I’ve got a fractured rib, what can anyone do about it?

The worst thing of all was that I almost got forced out of the Tour for a second year in a row. The problem was that the first team car was behind Andy Schleck, and the second had decided to go up ahead to hand out water bottles at the foot of the next climb. As a result I had no bike, because mine was shattered.

So then the broom wagon pulled up and was like, “Do you want to just get in?” And I said, “Oh no, I don’t need YOU!” But there I am with blood spurting out my left elbow and no bike. Finally, the race organizers got me a bike, but it was this little yellow junior bike. It was way too small for me and even had old-fashioned toe-clip pedals. But that is the only way I could get down the mountain, so I had to ride it for like 15-20 kilometers until I finally got to a team car with my bike.

Then, I still had to get up to the grupetto. All I can say is that that desperate times need desperate measures, but I got up there. And once I did it was grupetto all day long.

Needless to say, I had plenty of time to come up with a fitting book of the day. It’s from the Disk World series by Terry Pratchett. In it, the protagonist is Conan the Barbarian, who is a 70-year-old who has just survived everything. At one point he, and his other old warrior friends capture this village, but then they find that they are surrounded by an army of tens of thousands, and his only reaction is, “Oh man, it’s going to take days to kill all these people!” And that’s the way I was today when I was lying on the ground. I just thought, “Oh no, I’m going to Paris this year, I’m going to Paris. There’s just no way you are going to get me out of this race for the second year in a row!”

And a video interview:
    http://video.saxobank.com/video/683038

Advertisement