Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Super League Session 4 (24/7/10)

Options
  • 19-07-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

We have just moved past the midway point of the season.

Game: Super Street Fighter 4

Date: Saturday July 24th

Time: 13:00 GMT

Venue: Moviedrome, Limerick (Map)

Fee: €8

Prize: Bragging rights from session, €2 goes into prize fund for end of season, €1 goes into travel fund for end of season (train ticket to Dublin for finals / Inferno (12)).

Points Format:
    Attendance - 1 point
    Win (groups / league) - 2 points
    1st - 10 points
    2nd - 8 points
    3rd - 6 points
    4th - 4 points
    5-8th - 2 points

Format (dependent on numbers):
    Groups >> Double Elimination bracket
    OR
    Straightforward league

Leaderboard after Session 3:
    Matt - 40 points
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Sairus - 36 points
    D4RK ONION - 21 points
    DooM - 21 points
    Sabre0001 - 21 points
    Orim - 17 points
    Generic_name - 13 points
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Burning Eclipse - 12 points
    Luke - 7 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Mr. K - 7 points

Won't be there myself unfortunately so will have to educate someone for mini-site and camera :(

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Unfortunately I reckon I've been to my last Munster League. =(
    I just started Japanese lessons and they're at 1300 on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sairus wrote: »
    Unfortunately I reckon I've been to my last Munster League. =(
    I just started Japanese lessons and they're at 1300 on Saturdays.

Such a pity! Best of luck with them and the art though

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

But that takes away our one Rose... :(

Good luck with the studies! I will be there this saturday. Hope to see the rest of ye there!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Been waiting for this to come up. Ill definately be there saturday but will only make it there for 2. Leave us know if thats too late cos i dont wana head all the way over there if it is.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Been waiting for this to come up. Ill definately be there saturday but will only make it there for 2. Leave us know if thats too late cos i dont wana head all the way over there if it is.

You should be fine...Usually casuals til around that time. You may end up playing a couple of games in a row though while the others stick to schedule where possible.

I can't say for definate - won't be me cracking the whip this week :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gonna be in Germany. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm going to be in London this Saturday...who's gonna come last without me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Like I said in a previous topic, I'll do my best to be up there this Saturday as well as I'd like to develop my Juri, anything else is a bonus.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Makoto and I will be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Also me and cody will be there but it looms like ill be making the journey from cork alone this time, but i won't miss a opportunity to mash out with you guys. Also been practicing with a arcade stick. Want to know if with or without the stick is better for me of not. All i can say is the dam thing given me blisters and my hand ar itching for action. See you guys there this Saturday

Also guys, please try to make it. If not then ill stay for longer and play in the after hours if any is up for it

• Advertisement

Like I said in a previous topic, I'll do my best to be up there this Saturday as well as I'd like to develop my Juri, anything else is a bonus.

Another fighter from cork. It gets better and better, that make 3 now including me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We need that Cork session boys. I know Sairus was looking into it, maybe he can reveal some info.

I won't be able to make it down for this one. Get paid on the 30th so hopefully should be down for another soon.

Yep, finally getting my head of my ass on that end. I'll hopefully have a venue by the end of the week.

T-hawk. God I hate him so much. Any tactics for fighting against him. It's just his dam grab have some range with them. And to make matters worse. He is as strong as zangief but also seems to be faster. Any advice is welcomed

Shokashi wrote: »
    T-hawk. God I hate him so much. Any tactics for fighting against him. It's just his dam grab have some range with them. And to make matters worse. He is as strong as zangief but also seems to be faster. Any advice is welcomed

This is the wrong place to ask for that. Try not to drag threads off topic :)

We have a thread just for match up advice here.

If you ask in the right place it's more likely someone who has some experience with Hawk will notice and try to help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guys,
    Found out today I won't be attending. I'll be in Dublin for the day. I need some practice!!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Found out today I won't be attending. I'll be in Dublin for the day. I need some practice!!!

NOOOOOO! Was looking forward to your excellent ryu. Was a close match last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

You could always pop along to XGC for a bit, if you get the chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Orim wrote: »
    You could always pop along to XGC for a bit, if you get the chance.

As much as I would love to, I'll be busy all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'll be there today! Looks like we're going to have very small numbers, which is a shame, but today might see Onion or Matt storm out into the lead, so time to get hype anyway! I'll be there at 1, hoping to get it started shortly afterwards, and Robbknoll can get his games in when he arrives at 2. See you all soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Robbknoll can get his games in when he arrives at 2. See you all soon!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sorry guys, today is a no go for me, something else came up, enjoy the games.

Since everyone else is rude then I shall be the first to say GG to all today. May have lost a fair few but I demand special notice for catching rob's rainbow ball with siberian blizzard and for being one half of the awesome match between me and shokashi. That was a great game man. That double ko was insane!

I blame all losts on the fact that I couldnt play as mecha gief.

See ye all at the next League! :D

anyone get any vids?
    It's all about the vids.

Nope... Blame sairus and sabre for abandoning us! :(

I show up twice and suddenly the whole league is dependent on me...

Who took top spot?

Since everyone else is rude then I shall be the first to say GG to all today. May have lost a fair few but I demand special notice for catching rob's rainbow ball with siberian blizzard and for being one half of the awesome match between me and shokashi. That was a great game man. That double ko was insane!

I blame all losts on the fact that I couldnt play as mecha gief.

It was an epic intense match mate. Also good game to you and to all who participated today. Also like to mention I now am going to train harder to revenge fight against Sairus and onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

May have lost a fair few but I demand special notice for catching rob's rainbow ball with siberian blizzard and for being one half of the awesome match between me and shokashi. That was a great game man. That double ko was insane!
    Shokashi wrote: »
    It was an epic intense match mate.

1 match each, 1 round each and then Double-KO... it was brilliant!

GGs to everyone today. We ended up with 7 which wasn't bad. I think Sabre will put up the results tomorrow!

Oh - Robbknoll is a dark horse... I'll say that!

Onion came 1st with rob 2nd and I think matt was 3rd?

• Advertisement

Thanks to all for attending and thank you Burning Eclipse for taking on the admin role. Went onto mini-site at lunch to see what was happening - at that point 7 were registered and ONION had started his march towards victory :)

Leaderboard after Session 4 (Points earned in Session 4 listed in bracket):
    Matt - 55 points (+15)
    D4RK ONION - 44 points (+23)
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Sairus - 36 points
    Generic_name - 24 points (+11)
    DooM - 21 points
    Sabre0001 - 21 points
    Robbknoll - 19 points (+19)
    Orim - 17 points
    Burning Eclipse - 17 points (+5)
    Luke - 14 points (+7)