Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on hotels in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

JustMary wrote: »
    It's irrelevant: there's a 24-hour public car park five minutes walk away. (Hynes Yard, #14 on this map of car-parks in Galway)

And I suspect that many of the hotels have discount rates arranged, if not with Hynes then with someone else.

Thats great, Thank You

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Pinky, I have done a bit of research into a few nice hotels to help you along!:)

Radisson Blu, Galway.****

This is located beside the train station and has great underground parking. The hotel is beautiful inside, the food is great-they give you massive portions!! They have a glass elevator which is the coolest part of the hotel I think:pac: They have a free breakfast and a leisure club. However, what's most impressing about this hotel is its location. You are in the city and you literally walk down the road, turn to your left and go up the street and you're at Eyre Square. That's probably it's most superior quality. The room prices are a little expensive but for a Saturday they are:

Standard Room(with Breakfast)......€190
    There are pricier rooms that range from €299-700 but for one night it's a disgrace!!

The Park House hotel, Galway****

This is located just a few hundred meters from the Radisson. It's nearer to the city, and located right beside the bus station and very near to the train station. Unfortunately, if you're planning to go this Saturday, the only rooms available are for €198 and €220. I don't know what day you're planning to go, but all rooms are available for Sunday night. The food is absolutely gorgeous, out of all restaurants I've gone to, I just love the food in here. The restaurant is so fancy, and clean with beautiful décor. The waiters are so lovely, except one madame but she was probably overworked-I'll give her the benefit of the doubt! I haven't stayed in the Park House Hotel, but every single report I've heard from people is that it's a great place. I would really consider staying here. The location is second to none!

These are it's prices for a Sunday night:

Superior: €150
    Deluxe: €190
    Advance Purchase: €120
    Room only: €125
    Junior Suite: €235

Also, I've check the special offers for you, and this one is great:

You arrive either on Sunday 25th July or Sunday 1st August. It's a Galway Races offer. You get a full Irish breakfast, and dinner one of the nights in the restaurant. The prices are:

These prices are per person though, so unless you'e going to spend a bit extra, you might consider these:
    Superior(2nights incl.) €175
    Junior Suite: €225

Jurys Inn, near the Spanish Arch:***

I haven't been inside this hotel before, so I'm afraid my info will be second hand. The Jurys Inn is great location-wise. You are right in the City, which could have its drawbacks with noise. Looking at their website, their rooms look lovely and their rates are excellent. This Saturday they are all booked out, but for Sunday they have some available:

Room only: €105
    Room and B&B: €123

Westwood House Hotel, Newcastle:****

This is my personal favourite-I absolutely love everything about this hotel. The food is second to none, the bedrooms are lovely and the waiters and staff are so professional. The restaurant is gorgeous, and the surroundings of the hotel are lovely. You are a bit further out from the City, but the bus stop(if you don't have a car) is across the road and the bus comes and goes there frequently. There is also a taxi rank. These are the prices for a typical Saturday:

Room only:€159
    Deluxe Double:€179

For an extra €20 you can upgrade to the king-size bed with bathrobe and slippers:o

The Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit:****

This, again, is located a bit out from the city centre, but you can easily drive into the city or get a taxi. The hotel is impressive from the outside, its roof has lights underneath them that change colour-looks fantastic at night! It has free parking which is a big plus, and it has a leisure centre. It's located right beside the Briarhill Shopping centre, with shops such as Dunnes, NEXT(I think), Pet world and newly opened KFC. You get Plasmas in the rooms so it's quite high-tech!:P This hotel is one of the best in Galway, no doubt. The prices are great-this is for a typical Saturday night stay:

Double Room(breakfast incl.)€149
    Executive Room(King-size bed and Breafast) €179
    Double/Twin room only:€129

The Ardilaun, Taylor's Hill:

This is a little bit out from the city centre, but it's surroundings are so beautiful. You can go for a walk down to Salthill and walk on the Prom. The hotel is gorgeous inside, the food is so tasty and it's warm and cosy! It has free parking available, a leisure centre, jacuzzi(:)), free wifi, plasmas etc. It's only a mile from the city centre so you're quite near. The rooms are quite spacious in this hotel. These are the prices:

Double room(breafast incl.) €170
    Superior Double €195

The Galway Bay hotel:

Stunning views and an attractive, spacious hotel. The restaurant has good things to offer it has to be said, and the staff are very nice. Loads of parking available, free of charge;) and a leisure centre there too. It is located smack bang in Salthill and very close to the city centre. The rides are in Salthill at this time of year as well:D There is a taxi service operating from the hotel so it's very handy. The rooms are big! These are the prices:

They're all sold out for this Saturday:( but Sunday is available!:

Classic Double only: €150
    Classic Double B&B: €170
    Superior Double: €210
    Sea View: €190

I was going to give you a bit of info about Glenlo Abbey Hotel but it is very expensive, being a 5* hotel, but its surroundings are the best you'll find in the city, and it has a golf course on site. Because Race week is starting next week, you'll find it difficult to get accommodation on Saturday night, especially the 5* hotels. Glenlo is booked out, but available on Sunday:

Double room, B&B: €180

I hope this helps you. I was trying to organise a weekend trip to Dublin last year and was worried about what hotel to choose etc. I know what you're going through:P Any further help at all, just ask! If you are planning to come down on Saturday, and the website is telling you that there are no rooms available, ring the hotel, sometimes the website can be wrong-I found that with the Clarion last year!

Enjoy your stay!:)

Thats the best information, Thanks for all your help!! Really looking forward to going to Galway now :)

Pinky, I have done a bit of research into a few nice hotels to help you along!:)

Radisson Blu, Galway.****

This is located beside the train station and has great underground parking. The hotel is beautiful inside, the food is great-they give you massive portions!! They have a glass elevator which is the coolest part of the hotel I think:pac: They have a free breakfast and a leisure club. However, what's most impressing about this hotel is its location. You are in the city and you literally walk down the road, turn to your left and go up the street and you're at Eyre Square. That's probably it's most superior quality. The room prices are a little expensive but for a Saturday they are:

Standard Room(with Breakfast)......€190
    There are pricier rooms that range from €299-700 but for one night it's a disgrace!!

The Park House hotel, Galway****

This is located just a few hundred meters from the Radisson. It's nearer to the city, and located right beside the bus station and very near to the train station. Unfortunately, if you're planning to go this Saturday, the only rooms available are for €198 and €220. I don't know what day you're planning to go, but all rooms are available for Sunday night. The food is absolutely gorgeous, out of all restaurants I've gone to, I just love the food in here. The restaurant is so fancy, and clean with beautiful décor. The waiters are so lovely, except one madame but she was probably overworked-I'll give her the benefit of the doubt! I haven't stayed in the Park House Hotel, but every single report I've heard from people is that it's a great place. I would really consider staying here. The location is second to none!

These are it's prices for a Sunday night:

Superior: €150
    Deluxe: €190
    Advance Purchase: €120
    Room only: €125
    Junior Suite: €235

Also, I've check the special offers for you, and this one is great:

You arrive either on Sunday 25th July or Sunday 1st August. It's a Galway Races offer. You get a full Irish breakfast, and dinner one of the nights in the restaurant. The prices are:

These prices are per person though, so unless you'e going to spend a bit extra, you might consider these:
    Superior(2nights incl.) €175
    Junior Suite: €225

Jurys Inn, near the Spanish Arch:***

I haven't been inside this hotel before, so I'm afraid my info will be second hand. The Jurys Inn is great location-wise. You are right in the City, which could have its drawbacks with noise. Looking at their website, their rooms look lovely and their rates are excellent. This Saturday they are all booked out, but for Sunday they have some available:

Room only: €105
    Room and B&B: €123

Westwood House Hotel, Newcastle:****

This is my personal favourite-I absolutely love everything about this hotel. The food is second to none, the bedrooms are lovely and the waiters and staff are so professional. The restaurant is gorgeous, and the surroundings of the hotel are lovely. You are a bit further out from the City, but the bus stop(if you don't have a car) is across the road and the bus comes and goes there frequently. There is also a taxi rank. These are the prices for a typical Saturday:

Room only:€159
    Deluxe Double:€179

For an extra €20 you can upgrade to the king-size bed with bathrobe and slippers:o

The Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit:****

This, again, is located a bit out from the city centre, but you can easily drive into the city or get a taxi. The hotel is impressive from the outside, its roof has lights underneath them that change colour-looks fantastic at night! It has free parking which is a big plus, and it has a leisure centre. It's located right beside the Briarhill Shopping centre, with shops such as Dunnes, NEXT(I think), Pet world and newly opened KFC. You get Plasmas in the rooms so it's quite high-tech!:P This hotel is one of the best in Galway, no doubt. The prices are great-this is for a typical Saturday night stay:

Double Room(breakfast incl.)€149
    Executive Room(King-size bed and Breafast) €179
    Double/Twin room only:€129

The Ardilaun, Taylor's Hill:

This is a little bit out from the city centre, but it's surroundings are so beautiful. You can go for a walk down to Salthill and walk on the Prom. The hotel is gorgeous inside, the food is so tasty and it's warm and cosy! It has free parking available, a leisure centre, jacuzzi(:)), free wifi, plasmas etc. It's only a mile from the city centre so you're quite near. The rooms are quite spacious in this hotel. These are the prices:

Double room(breafast incl.) €170
    Superior Double €195

The Galway Bay hotel:

Stunning views and an attractive, spacious hotel. The restaurant has good things to offer it has to be said, and the staff are very nice. Loads of parking available, free of charge;) and a leisure centre there too. It is located smack bang in Salthill and very close to the city centre. The rides are in Salthill at this time of year as well:D There is a taxi service operating from the hotel so it's very handy. The rooms are big! These are the prices:

They're all sold out for this Saturday:( but Sunday is available!:

Classic Double only: €150
    Classic Double B&B: €170
    Superior Double: €210
    Sea View: €190

I was going to give you a bit of info about Glenlo Abbey Hotel but it is very expensive, being a 5* hotel, but its surroundings are the best you'll find in the city, and it has a golf course on site. Because Race week is starting next week, you'll find it difficult to get accommodation on Saturday night, especially the 5* hotels. Glenlo is booked out, but available on Sunday:

Double room, B&B: €180

I hope this helps you. I was trying to organise a weekend trip to Dublin last year and was worried about what hotel to choose etc. I know what you're going through:P Any further help at all, just ask! If you are planning to come down on Saturday, and the website is telling you that there are no rooms available, ring the hotel, sometimes the website can be wrong-I found that with the Clarion last year!

Enjoy your stay!:)

Mayoegian, Have you ever stayed in the Carlton Galway thats another place I was looking at but have heard very mixed reviews about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Pinky99 wrote: »
    Mayoegian, Have you ever stayed in the Carlton Galway thats another place I was looking at but have heard very mixed reviews about it

I haven't stayed there, so I can't really advise you on whether to go for that or not! However, looking at their website, the prices for a weekend stay per person for one night is €99 for a Double room, but I see an offer on that if you stay 2 nights you only pay €9 extra per person which is a great offer. The hotel is a little bit out from the city centre, but if you have a car or get a taxi it's a short enough drive.

I'm not sure about the hotel itself as I've never actually stayed or eaten out there, but if their website is correct and it is €99 per person per night, that is a bit expensive as it would come to about €200 for both of ye together. For that price you would get a hotel closer to the city. It is totally up to you though, if you prefer that hotel over the others go for it! It's a 4* so it can't be too bad!:)

I haven't stayed there, so I can't really advise you on whether to go for that or not! However, looking at their website, the prices for a weekend stay per person for one night is €99 for a Double room, but I see an offer on that if you stay 2 nights you only pay €9 extra per person which is a great offer. The hotel is a little bit out from the city centre, but if you have a car or get a taxi it's a short enough drive.

I'm not sure about the hotel itself as I've never actually stayed or eaten out there, but if their website is correct and it is €99 per person per night, that is a bit expensive as it would come to about €200 for both of ye together. For that price you would get a hotel closer to the city. It is totally up to you though, if you prefer that hotel over the others go for it! It's a 4* so it can't be too bad!:)

Yeah I have been looking at it, it looks nice so I might go for that one its €69 pps which i suppose isnt to bad for B & B

• Advertisement
Advertisement