Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Accord with black roof vinyl... yay or nay?

• 19-07-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Thinking about doing this to my red '07 Accord type S.

It would be my first ever mod. Any thoughts? Too ricey?

keau68.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

could look really well, i like the look myself specially if the wheels are black or dark, some nice OEM euro R touchs and you have your self a really nice car, just dont cheap out on the vinyl get some good quality durable stuff.

Any pictures of the car as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Phew, thought I was going to slagged to bejaysus!

Yes, definitely wouldn't be cheaping out on the vinyl. 3M, without the carbon fiber 'effect'.

Car is completely stock at the moment. No pics yet. Will hopefully upgrade the alloys to OEM 18's when I have a few quid.

Baby on the way, this is the family car :)

reitoei wrote: »
    Phew, thought I was going to slagged to bejaysus!

Yes, definitely wouldn't be cheaping out on the vinyl. 3M, without the carbon fiber 'effect'.

Car is completely stock at the moment. No pics yet. Will hopefully upgrade the alloys to OEM 18's when I have a few quid.

Baby on the way, this is the family car :)

Give it a few min it boards after all, someone will come along on a high horse :D

Seriously though, i wasnt a big fan of it but a lad i know got his 320 roof done and it looked amazing really changed my mind. Accords can looks really well with just some subtle mods, great car and perfect for family duties too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

yay:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's one of the better mods IMO, beats the pants off a black bonnet which has been done to death. Go for it!

• Advertisement

It's one of the better mods IMO, beats the pants off a black bonnet which has been done to death. Go for it!

Yeah, wouldn't dream of doing it to the bonnet or the boot, as I've seen around the place. Not a fan of that look at all.

With the roof, it's a bit more subtle. I think it would be a nice contrast with the Honda red.

Cheers for the vote of confidence :)

projectgtr wrote: »
    Give it a few min it boards after all, someone will come along on a high horse :D

Seriously though, i wasnt a big fan of it but a lad i know got his 320 roof done and it looked amazing really changed my mind. Accords can looks really well with just some subtle mods, great car and perfect for family duties too :D

Yeah, that's the reason I went for one. I've always loved the shape of the car, despite their rep for being 'boring' or an 'old man's' motor.

If I'm going to do anything to it, it would be small and subtle mods. And not many of them.

I say that now... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I think it looks great too when done right, as said before with black wheels, if it was a type/euro R i think it'd look good with a black splitter too. I don't know what the body kit is like onthe Type S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm not really a big fan of it, but there are a lot worse mods you could do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I say go for it, I think it looks really well once it's done right and it will suit an Accord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I wouldn't, black roofs always look ridiculous on lighter coloured cars..

..... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Thinking about doing this to my red '07 Accord type S.

It would be my first ever mod. Any thoughts? Too ricey?

keau68.jpg

I love that look... saw a mk IV Gold done (white one)... nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

When I read that first I thought you were going to put "old style" vinyl on to it :eek:.

But then I realised what you meant, DOH. Should be nice and the great thing with vinyl is that if you dont like it or when selling it you can peal it off.

Bryn wrote: »
    I'm not really a big fan of it, but there are a lot worse mods you could do ;)
    I really like it, would love to get it on my car

Hi again,
    After a bit of research, I got in touch with this guy in the states: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/

He sells pre-cut vinyl kits for all different types of cars, though he seems to specialize in Jap motors. Said the TSX (Accord to US) vinyl kit for my yoke would cost 90 squid US shipped to Ireland. Not bad.

PM me if anyone wants his email. Think I'm going to get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I'd say go for it. I think it will look decent enough, and fairly subtle. A nice set of wheels would set it off well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Add whatever other charges customs will screw ya for... still not a bad price!

I'm two ways about it tbh, it either looks well or doesn't and it really depends on the car. I saw it done to a red civic, thought it looked absolutely awful.

Add whatever other charges customs will screw ya for... still not a bad price!

I'm two ways about it tbh, it either looks well or doesn't and it really depends on the car. I saw it done to a red civic, thought it looked absolutely awful.

he could ask the seller to put "Display item/tester item not for resale" allways seemed to get me past, either that or ask him to put a value of 10 dollars on it so if you do get hit with taxes and charges it will be next to nothing ;)

Black roofs rock, i have one myself :D

Hi again,
    After a bit of research, I got in touch with this guy in the states: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/

He sells pre-cut vinyl kits for all different types of cars, though he seems to specialize in Jap motors. Said the TSX (Accord to US) vinyl kit for my yoke would cost 90 squid US shipped to Ireland. Not bad.

PM me if anyone wants his email. Think I'm going to get it...

could you send us on his email wouldnt mind pricing his yellow light tints and comparing them to the laminex kits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I was pricing this today, autoflair in tallaght are doing roofs in matt or gloss black vinyl for €150 fitted, €250 if you want it in Di-Noc carbon.

If anyone finds anywhere cheaper stick it up!

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    I was pricing this today, autoflair in tallaght are doing roofs in matt or gloss black vinyl for €150 fitted, €250 if you want it in Di-Noc carbon.

If anyone finds anywhere cheaper stick it up!
    Are you getting it on the Civic?

I'm strongly thinking about getting it done, I think it looks the business.
    Does it leave any marks when removed? And would it need to be remover professionally or would it be a DIY jobby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I thought about it Graham, have a few new black bits on the car so Im wondering if it would set it off or if it would be too much. Ive seen it on a few car's and it's looked well on them all but I dont want to pay that much and go ahh its ****!

They said it leaves no marks at all and is easily removed, just a regular clean afterwards will get rid of any deposits left. It's a 7year vinyl that they use too.

If there's a bit of interest say 5+ maby they'll do a group rate

eireal wrote: »
    I thought about it Graham, have a few new black bits on the car so Im wondering if it would set it off or if it would be too much. Ive seen it on a few car's and it's looked well on them all but I dont want to pay that much and go ahh its ****!

They said it leaves no marks at all and is easily removed, just a regular clean afterwards will get rid of any deposits left. It's a 7year vinyl that they use too.

If there's a bit of interest say 5+ maby they'll do a group rate

not sure?? then photoshop is your friends ;)

Advertisement