Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI - Replacement card €5.90

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been informed that a replacement ATM card will cost me €6. Does anyone know when this was introduced? I've cancelled cards in the past without any fees applying.

This seems quite steep and I don't recall receiving and notice for it. No doubt it was tucked away in the terms and conditions issued to us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Sangre wrote: »
    I've just been informed that a replacement ATM card will cost me €6. Does anyone know when this was introduced? I've cancelled cards in the past without any fees applying.

This seems quite steep and I don't recall receiving and notice for it. No doubt it was tucked away in the terms and conditions issued to us.

always been there. I got stung for it last year when my wallet got stolen. No charge to replace by CC but charged for my laser. i felt it was a bit unfair.

and they take the their fúckin time issuing a new one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Thats a disgrace.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They issued me 4 by mistake when I opened my account.
    Wonder would the let me activate one of them if I lost mine?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's always been there, but the staff used to be able to waive it. About 18 months ago, that option was taken away. There are still certain circumstances under which the fee can be waived: if your card suddenly stops working, or is faulty, or if you have a Golden Years Account (for the over 60s). However, if you lose or break your card, you are liable for the fee. Cards are reissued free of charge every two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bear in mind it also applies to student accounts too despite them allegedly waiving fees for students. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Never had it applied to me before. I'm sure I've cancelled cards before (although not often). I was most surprised because when I worked in PTSB part-time they never had this charge. Another reason to leave BOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

cson wrote: »
    Bear in mind it also applies to student accounts too despite them allegedly waiving fees for students. :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll take better care of their cards if they don't get them for free! :rolleyes:

Advertisement