Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Sim Only - Mobile Internet

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Think of going to Meteor SIM Only for my new iPhone. Can anyone tell me, is the 1GB inclusive package at €30, does that mean any internet usage? Or only Meteor services? Also, is Tethering supported?

Many Thanks,

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's any internet, brilliant package I'm on it myself. Not sure about tethering. I'd guess it would just come out of the 1GB but I'd check it out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Meteor "strictly prohibits the usage of inclusive data for broadband modem purposes" (or something along those lines) but TBH they don't give a rat's ass.

So yeah, you can tether out of your data, just Meteor don't want you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Meteor "strictly prohibits the usage of inclusive data for broadband modem purposes" (or something along those lines) but TBH they don't give a rat's ass.

So yeah, you can tether out of your data, just Meteor don't want you to.

Em, I've never seen that. In fact, here's a thread on the Meteor forum saying exatly the opposite. http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=71 .

From my experience there's no problems whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Adro947 wrote: »
    Em, I've never seen that. In fact, here's a thread on the Meteor forum saying exatly the opposite. http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=71 .

From my experience there's no problems whatsoever.
    No, that's talking about data add-ons. Meteor has a problem with using inclusive data for tethering.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

No, that's talking about data add-ons. Meteor has a problem with using inclusive data for tethering.

Where did you hear this? In any case I doubt this will stop anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks for the replies folks. On that note, how would they even know you've tethered an iPhone?

Advertisement