Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else unemployed miss the boat last year???

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anyone know if there is a 2010/2011 listing for the Graduate Skills Conversion Programme available anywhere????

I have been on the www.bluebrick.ie and www.qualifax.ie website and have seen the 2010/2011 listing for the courses available, however the courses listed are mostly related to business studies and renewable energy, computer science

I am looking for a postgraduate course that is science related;

For example;
    UCC had a part time postgraduate diploma in biotechnology last year on the 2009/2010 listing of Graduate Skills Conversion Programme. I missed the deadline by a few days in making an appliation coupled with the fact that last year you had to be in receipt of social welfare a minimum of 6 months to qualify ( which i didnt satisfy) whereas this year to be in receipt of social welfare a minimum of 3 months will suffice to avail of these courses for the unemployed.

Anyone shed further light on my enquiry?

Many thanks
    Waterford Las aka deise8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

The HEA provide this funding, their website is the place to look
    http://www.hea.ie/skills+funding

This Graduate Skills Conversion Programme is largely related to Information Technology and related disciplines rather than Science as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 deise8

Thanks UCD person for taking the time to reply...your right the courses on offer are mostly suited for a discipline in IT...Interested in a taught masters in Bioresource Technology at UCD..unfortunately it doesnt appear under the GSCP for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ramblingcelt

Worth noting that some of the courses are available part time as well. The fees are the same per year meaning you pay twice as much than if completing in one year. Advantage is you can travel to attend 2 or 3 days a week like I have been doing.

Have a look at the negotiated learning MSc in UCD, mainly IT but some interesting other modules including law and pyschology to choose from.

Advertisement