Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Driving Instructor

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im 22 and doing my test for the second time? Wasnt happy with last instructor (wont name). Can anyone recommend people. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 selena27

I had failed my test twice when driving with the first instuctor. Changed the instructor then -went to someone recommended here but couldn't stand the fact the guy was always late and changing times.Finally someone recommended Stuart Knaggs to me who really taught me how to drive safely and with confidence and how to enjoy it. Passed the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Passed my test the other day with larry o neill

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I failed mine the other day :(

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

i done a couple with richard moran. hes out from bennetsbridge direction

very good imo, passed 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I failed mine the other day :(
    On yer bike!

Anyway, Only in this country could you drive to the test centre, fail a basic driving competence test and then legally drive away again (for another two years).

Stuart with Ormonde is good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Anyway, Only in this country could you drive to the test centre, fail a basic driving competence test and then legally drive away again (for another two years

Not without a fully licensed driver beside you and the new learning permits are only one year I think, but yeah I did drive away on my own (one of only two times I've done it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Imelda - Drivemaster

Patience of a saint

and a good indicator thats its not always the instructor who's at fault

she can even tell you my(eventual) success story

Imelda - Drivemaster

Patience of a saint

and a good indicator thats its not always the instructor who's at fault

she can even tell you my(eventual) success story
    I had her before, no craic at all. At least Larry talks and sings.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Just between me and you........

richie moran (bridge driving school) , best in kilkenny

if you want to pass first time go to him, (Pm me for his number if your intested)

I know 4 people who passed first time with him, including me so i know how good he is at the job.

+1 for richie moran, i passed 1st time with him after 3 lessons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Plug wrote: »
    I had her before, no craic at all. At least Larry talks and sings.

Haha absolute legend of a man and a great instructor. Has a new story to tell you every week. Got me to drive over to the hardware store over by the old mart one day for a few screws. Took a fiver off the end price cause of it. Would definitely recommend him

Also he knows every second pedestrian thats walks down the street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ComerCat

I passed, went with Stuart Knaggs. Sound man & really helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 markwalsh04

Just between me and you........

richie moran (bridge driving school) , best in kilkenny

if you want to pass first time go to him, (Pm me for his number if your intested)

I know 4 people who passed first time with him, including me so i know how good he is at the job.

Have to agree. Excellent instructor & he's at it along time too. High success rate! Cudnt fault one bit.

I'm up again next Tuesday, I may have to start cycling to Carlow if I spend any more on this learning to drive malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Good luck for next Tuesday, Captain. One thing, what have you been failing on?

Good luck for next Tuesday, Captain. One thing, what have you been failing on?

Here's the last score card:
    ALL GRADE 2s
    POSITION
    At Roundabout x 1
    Turning Right x 1
    Stopping x 1

OBSERVATION
    Moving Off x 2
    At Roundabout x 1

REACT TO HAZARDS
    Reaction x 2

MIRRORS
    Turning Right x 2

PROGRESS
    On the Straight x 2
    Overtaking x 1
    At Roundabout x 1
    Turning Right x 1

VEHICLE CONTROL
    Clutch x 1
    Gears x 2

SPEED
    Turning Right x 1

Your man told me he would highly recommend me to get a book on the rules of the road and i was a danger to myself and others. Still passed though. Sweet!

Good luck next week captain havoc just remember to indicate with the indicator stalk and not your hands:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wondered whether there was one particular item that your were failing on or whether nerves were affecting your driving but it seems more like an across the board problem. Will cross my fingers for you but I'm sure you'll ace it this time. I got mine on my fourth attempt. I was screwed with nerves after failing the first time so got two tablets (beta blockers) I think from my doctor on the advice of my instructor. I think what they did was block the physical reaction to my nervousness. Worked such a treat that on the third test I went straight through a red light. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ComerCat

Has anyone ever passed with the red head, moustache man?

• Advertisement

Yeah I got that fella, passed 1st time had a right craic with him, but have never heard anything only bad reports about him since...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yeah I had him last time, I was a bit surprised when he skinned up a jay on the dash, used his performance marking card for roach and threw Graham Central Station on the 8-track for the duration.

Only joking, yeah he was grand and I passed that time.

I had him for both failures.

He's the lad who told me I was dangerous. Didn't like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Jackie walsh is supposed to be good . . .haven't started lessons yet though . . .

Mr Havoc, how did you fair today? Any luck?

Mr Havoc, how did you fair today? Any luck?

Yes I did, thanks for asking. I can now get back to riding bicycles :)

I had a different tester.

Congratulations!
    Your insurance will also come down.

Well done Captain, good feeling when you realise you have passed! Fair play man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Congratulations!
    Your insurance will also come down.

Well done, yeah insurance kind of plummets once you pass the test!

Advertisement