Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Driving Instructor

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 IrishGreenSheep

Jackie Walsh is fantastic! Really nice woman and really helpful, highly recommend her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Liamjames

As some have already said richie moran from bennetsbridge is great i done the classic leavin lessions to the last minute and as a result had a few instructors in the space of two weeks most were pure crap but richie is worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yes I did, thanks for asking. I can now get back to riding bicycles :)

I had a different tester.

Congratulations. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

ComerCat wrote: »
    Has anyone ever passed with the red head, moustache man?
    I passed with him, but only after he made me cry(and I am NOT one of those sort of people who cry all the time). He yelled at me before he got in the car for having the L plate in the wrong place on my windscreen. He made me move it, but when I asked him where he would like me to use it he stared at me and didn't open his mouth as I moved it arounf the tiny windscreen of my car. he knew he had really upset me and tried to be ultra nice to me for the rest of the journey. I don't know how I passed
    *****r

PS Richie Moran Rocks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Jinxi wrote: »
    *****r

Harsh but fair, I'm not going to comment on him because I'd be writting for some time, I'll just leave it at, whilst I know I'm not there to be his friend and I don't expect him to talk to me but when he does a bit of respect wouldn't go astray, I nearly chucked him out of my car.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I heard of a lad who works in Langtons who had him for the test I think. He had failed it about 6 times and he was looking at the test sheet and when he saw a grade 3 mark he drove out the country and told the instructor to get the fcuk out:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If anyone wants my theory test CD they're welcome to it, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Worth

Wouldn't call him an instructor more a guru on the whole driving lessons thing, Pat in Drive well - bit strict but it pays off in the end , highly recommendable

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Hi,

Does anyone have the number of Richie Moran from Bridge Driving school? I can't find it online.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I found it. Case closed. Nothing to see here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

can anyone tell me how much a driving lesson is in kilkenny in your own car? who might be best to go to?

homestyle wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how much a driving lesson is in kilkenny in your own car? who might be best to go to?

I think I was paying €25 per lesson last year, I used A1 found him grand. I think if you go through this thread you'll get all the info and feedback you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

i was quoted 30 euro by a female instructor. thought it was a bit steep.nice money though for an hour in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

By the time she pays her costs she'll be lucky to come away with €15 and she's not guaranteed 40 hours per week
    Aldi pay €11.35 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

hi5 wrote: »
    By the time she pays her costs she'll be lucky to come away with €15 and she's not guaranteed 40 hours per week
    Aldi pay €11.35 per hour.
    €15 worth of petrol? Its not a Bugatti she's driving:p

Advertisement