Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google cached pages displaying incorrectly.

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question about the way google caches pages. I've just noticed that for a site I'm currently working on that the cached pages display quite differently to the normal way of viewing the site. Is this anything to be concerned about ?? Anyone know why this might be happening ??

Site is http://www.hotelreviewsireland.com

Thanks in advance ,

AB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

This is completely normal.

You have to remember that Google is displaying your website within its page. So therefore any styles etc will overlap or simply not work.

Take a look at the source code on Google's Cache and compare it to yours. You will quickly be able to see why it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah I'd imagine some links or styles get lost on the way. However they do set a base URL. Doesn't seem to work for everything.

Why do you even want the cache to display data correctly anyways. Surely you just want visitors to see the actual site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah I'd imagine some links or styles get lost on the way. However they do set a base URL. Doesn't seem to work for everything.

Why do you even want the cache to display data correctly anyways. Surely you just want visitors to see the actual site.

Cheers for the replies guys.
    My client was questioning as to why it appearing the way it was , so it really just to put her mind at rest that there was nothing wrong.

Advertisement