Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Tattoo?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a new tattoo studio opened up just sort of opposite Lidl just off the main street in Dundrum.

Anyone been here yet? If so what did you think?

If it's any good it could be quite dangerous having a tattoo studio 10 minutes away from me :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Tattoo's parlours seem to be popping up every where. There is one in Dun Laoghaire, the best thing to do is to look at their portfolio. Then you can judge yourself how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

34867_139150266097080_100000063233367_392177_5624409_n.jpg
    I have been there got 2 tattoos and going back for 3rd today Prices are good

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

There is!?! God Dundrum has changed so much!!

Don't spend too much time in there atavan-halen...

:p

40268_148123095199797_100000063233367_447601_6238432_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Funny, for such fresh tattoos, there doesn't seem to be any redness around the area...

• Advertisement

Funny, for such fresh tattoos, there doesn't seem to be any redness around the area...

Sory it was fresh the tattoo was done at 10.00am on friday morning i would have no reason to lie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Do we have a possible shill?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

?
    wikipedia wrote:
    A shill is a person who is paid to help another person or organization to sell goods or services. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic customer.

For me it'd be more about quality over quantity and from those pics (personally), I think I'd go elsewhere.

EDIT: I think this might help matters. On Stuarts facebook he's mates with the artist.

To that end, Chris, if you continue to post trying to (:pac:dun)drum up business for them then you will earn yourself a ban, as you're obviously connected being mates with him and getting cheap tattoos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 frankwoodsflp

I noticed a new tattoo studio opened up just sort of opposite Lidl just off the main street in Dundrum.

Anyone been here yet? If so what did you think?

If it's any good it could be quite dangerous having a tattoo studio 10 minutes away from me :P

I met Alan for the first time on or about the 15th Nov '10. I liked what I saw ie the cleanliness of his studio and the general ambiance.
    After finding a scorpion I fancied, Alan said he would draw it out for me and send me a picture of it to my phone, which Alan did before the day was out. I liked what I saw and booked in for Thursday 18th I do not have much room left on my back, where I wanted this scorpion. Alan did a brilliant job placing the scorpion as high on my back and at the same time as low as I wanted it. I was pleasently surprised as to how it did not hurt half as much as other tattoos I got done by other artists. Alan had told me the piece would only take a little over an hour to do. I didn't believe him, as I've been to lots of tattoo artists and am about 70% covered, so I knew this piece, which is quiet large and very detailed with great shadow work, giving a brilliant 3D effect, would take anyone else I've ever been with at least 2 hours. Wed started at 12 midday. It was done by 1.15 !! When Alan told me he wanted me to take a look I didn't want to as I don't really like looking at a half finished work. When he told me it was finished I was seriously afraid to look. When I did look I cloudn't believe it. It was finished and I can honestly say it is one of, if not THE best piece of work I have got done yet.
    Unfortunatly for me Alan's studio is only 15 mins walk from where I live, so I am goin to be there a lot!!
    I don't want to recommend Alan to anyone because I want him all to myself!! But, by God, he is good!!
    For conformation of this my phone number is... Feel free to phone me re Alan and my scorpion anytime you like. I'm looking forward to my next one already, if I can find the room for it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hiya, had to edit your post as it's against the rules of the site to post personal phone numbers.

Will wrote: »
    Hiya, had to edit your post as it's against the rules of the site to post personal phone numbers.
    OK Sorry. I didn't think there was anything wrong with me giving out my phone number. So is there any way I can offer for people to get in touch with me? I just feel it's a shame if people doubt the truth in what I have to say.
    Thank you for contacting me.
    Frank Woods.

I met Alan for the first time on or about the 15th Nov '10. I liked what I saw ie the cleanliness of his studio and the general ambiance.
    After finding a scorpion I fancied, Alan said he would draw it out for me and send me a picture of it to my phone, which Alan did before the day was out. I liked what I saw and booked in for Thursday 18th I do not have much room left on my back, where I wanted this scorpion. Alan did a brilliant job placing the scorpion as high on my back and at the same time as low as I wanted it. I was pleasently surprised as to how it did not hurt half as much as other tattoos I got done by other artists. Alan had told me the piece would only take a little over an hour to do. I didn't believe him, as I've been to lots of tattoo artists and am about 70% covered, so I knew this piece, which is quiet large and very detailed with great shadow work, giving a brilliant 3D effect, would take anyone else I've ever been with at least 2 hours. Wed started at 12 midday. It was done by 1.15 !! When Alan told me he wanted me to take a look I didn't want to as I don't really like looking at a half finished work. When he told me it was finished I was seriously afraid to look. When I did look I cloudn't believe it. It was finished and I can honestly say it is one of, if not THE best piece of work I have got done yet.
    Unfortunatly for me Alan's studio is only 15 mins walk from where I live, so I am goin to be there a lot!!
    I don't want to recommend Alan to anyone because I want him all to myself!! But, by God, he is good!!
    For conformation of this my phone number is... Feel free to phone me re Alan and my scorpion anytime you like. I'm looking forward to my next one already, if I can find the room for it!!!
    I forgot to mention the price was very reasonable too. All in all I was very satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

guy's, has anyone else been here ?
    I was in on Sat - looks like a clean enough spot, don't know about the quality of the work. can anyone else comment ?

thanks
    Rob

RobAMerc wrote: »
    guy's, has anyone else been here ?
    I was in on Sat - looks like a clean enough spot, don't know about the quality of the work. can anyone else comment ?

thanks
    Rob
    Yes Rob, I got a nice Scorpion done on my neck this day last week. I was very pleased with everything and am going back today for a large evil-style butterfly on my chest.
    I would love to give you my contact details so you can confirm my story, but I don't seem to be allowed to do that on this site. However you can find me on Facebook. Just get into Facebook and /frankwoodsflp You will find me easy enough. Wish I could help you more. Frank Woods, Dublin.
    Look, Rob, Google Frank Woods Fresh Fruit and I will come up holding a fruit basket. I can be traced/found very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 3 footprints

Maybe a wierd newbie post buy hey
    Before Alan opened his shop he did a fantastic job on my 3 tiny footprints on my shoulder, they signify the 3 babies I lost & I am trilled with them.
    On the same day he worked on 6 of my friends (he came to the house) they all went away happy with his work.

On the day I was terrified, it was my 1st tattoo & I had been wound up to bits by my friends who told me it would really hurt etc but Alan was a true professional & made me feel at ease while he worked on my shoulder

I would highly recommend him

Nice comment, I can see where you are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bootsx

could some one please give me the number? i've been looking for it everywhere online to no avail.

For information on the new Piercing Studio in Dundrum phone
    Frank on ***********

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jimmybgood

Anyone know if Alan worked anywhere else before dundrum? Or any more photos of his work?

Alan used to do door to door around Churchtown. It was while calling to one of those doors that I saw some of his work on people and got his phone number from them. Alan has done a lot of work on me since we first got in touch some years ago now.

There are not many photos. Would you have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

For information on the new Piercing Studio in Dundrum phone
    Frank on *** **** ***

Werernt you allready told not to post phone numbers

this whole thread seems very dubious to me, feels like 1 guy has made 3 or 4 different accounts so he can drum up business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CyberJuice wrote: »

this whole thread seems very dubious to me, feels like 1 guy has made 3 or 4 different accounts so he can drum up business

Thats exactly the impression i got.

CyberJuice wrote: »

Thats exactly the impression i got.

I was looking for photos of his work and there are not that many. A few here and there but not a big range.
    That said I decided to go for it and I dropped in to see what the studio was like. I went in and had a look and i have to say the place looked spotless and bright so I had decided to make an appointment because Alan was certainly not pushy and was very helpful. I went in for the appointment and got a fairly basic design done and again he was very pleasant and not pushy at all. I am very happy with my tattoo and will go back if I decide to get anymore. I think if someone was looking to drum up business I don't think this is the best forum for it. I would imagine Facebook or twitter would be better and Alan didn't strike me as someone who would be bothered with drumming up business on boards.ie he doesn't seem to use other forums so I can't see him using this thread.

jimmybgood wrote: »
    ...Alan didn't strike me as someone who would be bothered with drumming up business on boards.ie he doesn't seem to use other forums so I can't see him using this thread.

You can tell that from meeting him twice?

jimmybgood wrote: »
    ...Alan didn't strike me as someone who would be bothered with drumming up business on boards.ie he doesn't seem to use other forums so I can't see him using this thread.

You can tell that from meeting him twice?

I obviously can't be sure but that was the sense that I got. Not very scientific but that's what I felt. You can takeit or leave it. What I felt, combined with the fact that he doesnt appear to use social media generally to drum up business I don't feel that he would spend time on this thread. I know I wouldn't if I was trying to drum up business. And btw the price was very good and I was able to tell that after one visit :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Allot of people can think and feel allot of things about allot of people
    in one visit
    ...........or at least thats what they think :D

I agree with the lads above its dodgy hell you could be a re-reg for all we know :P

• Advertisement

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Allot of people can think and feel allot of things about allot of people
    in one visit
    ...........or at least thats what they think :D

I agree with the lads above its dodgy hell you could be a re-reg for all we know :

In that case you could have 3 different identities. I suspect that no matter what anyone says it won't stop people saying Alan is using this thread to drum up business even though I am pretty sure this thread drums up almost no business. And anyway after reading two posts from you I think I would be correct in saying you are a cynic. People can take it or leave it.

Advertisement