Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Meteor Porting

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Stiill waiting for Meteor to accept my port, had -€3.99 credit due to IOU on vodafone but since corrected that with €5 top up. Has anyone had problems with Meteor being slow, because i remember it was only an hour or so when i last did it, or instant when a friend did it. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I made a porting request on friday morning, was told it would go through by friday evening. Ended up calling into a store again today to check they hadnt forgotten me; was told it should go through today (well technically yday)...and to ring if my number hadn't ported within 24hrs!
    so thats 4 days to port a number!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Got the authorisation around 18:00 on a Thursday. Was told Vodafone stop porting at 17:30. Was ported to Meteor by 11:00 on Friday so not a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

if vodafone is at either end porting is SLOW. betweent O2 and vf took a good week to complete. no network wans to make it easy for you to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Networks care primarily about incoming ports and they generally only bother with outgoing ports when another network contacts them. While no mobile network is exempt from having porting issues, some are worse than others, e.g. Vodafone and 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Im ported:) It was normally instant when i did it before, but was just getting worried about it! Thanks for all the horror stories!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

BTW, what's with porting away from Vodafone but still getting updates from them by text? Go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

hmm weird meteor took about 2 hours to port me from o2 to meteor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

hmm weird meteor took about 2 hours to port me from o2 to meteor :)

I ported from O2 to Meteor in Feb. Took 3 weeks for it to go through.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

all i can say is lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

You should have made the thread not me!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

6 days later and I'm still being told, "it will go through in the next 24hrs"

Advertisement