Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Cork City

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Just moved to Cork City for a new job, yipee :p
    Anyone any suggestions as to best places to go out, or places to meet people?

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey nicegirl,

Welcome to Cork City. Cork is small so you'll find the best places quickly enough. I think it's really up to the person.

However we've a good social group going here in Cork City so feel free to meet up with us anytime. We go out fairly regularly.

Best of luck in the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Ahh thanks for that info, I'm newly moved person to Cork so thanks a million! I'll be in touch :)

Webmonkey wrote: »

However we've a good social group going here in Cork City so feel free to meet up with us anytime. We go out fairly regularly.

Hi Nicegirl, the Wenmonkey is telling the truth, I haven't met up with them in the flesh yet but they are splendid folk and a Cork boards meet up would be a great evening out for someone new to Cork.

Cork is a great spot (I'm biased), I've lived in Kildare, Dublin, Leicester and Galway so I wouldn't be completely blinkered. Best of luck with the jon and if you need help or advise ask away, someone will have the answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

nicegirl wrote: »

Thanks x

Welcome to Cork and congratulations on the job!

We have a number of meetups in Cork which include the cinema, pool, lunch, dinner, drinks etc... you are more than welcome to any of them.

Check out the July meetup thread for this months events and if you have anything in particular that you would like to do yourself please feel free to suggest it! :)

Christ lads, I hope some female recommends the ole nights out ye have, will look rightly weird otherwise :D Where is the Lemons and the Dice when you need them eh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

RoverJames wrote: »
    Christ lads, I hope some female recommends the ole nights out ye have, will look rightly weird otherwise :D Where is the Lemons and the Dice when you need them eh :P

haha +1:D nursey you still here?

I forgot about Nursey :eek:
    Our online times haven't coincided for a while me thinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭straight

Can't beat the washington village area for drink & music and nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hi nicegirl!

I hope you're enjoying your time here so far!! Best of luck with the job!

I have been to one of the meetups and met a good few of the people I chat to here. They are really nice, fun and very welcoming! The only thing preventing me from going to more lately is money!!

Regarding things to do around here I'd agree with Webmonkey. You'll get to know (and hopefully love) the bars and people fairly quickly!

As RJ said, anytime you need anything or if you're unsure about something give us a shout on here. I'm also abs comfortable with getting a pm if you're stuck for something, I know how hard it can be to move to a completely different area. :)

Best of luck hun and hope to meet you soon! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hi nice girl hope all goes well for you here. are you interested in sports? joining a sports club of some type gets you ready made friends after a couple of training sessions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello

Welcome to the big smoke!! hope you are settleing in ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

If you are interested in Trad music I can tell you the pubs to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

welcome nicegirl,

to get yourself initiated you'll have to have a bit to eat in Hillbillies first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

to get yourself initiated you'll have to have a bit to eat in Hillbillies first!

and Lennox's

Welcome to Cork nicegirl. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

welcome nicegirl,

I knew NoDice would thank that post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I knew NoDice would thank that post!

Ha ha, no surprise there. If Hillbillies start to serve cereal nodice will move in there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

mudokon wrote: »
    Ha ha, no surprise there. If Hillbillies start to serve cereal nodice will move in there. :pac:

ROFL:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Thanks for the replies everyone, and the welcome's as well :) Ya Cork is great, I'm sure I will enjoy it here :)

Thanks again everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

nicegirl wrote: »

Thanks x
    Welcome to Cork nicegirl... as the lads have said we do have regular meet ups with the cork social group, which are great craic... first ones are a bit nerve wrecking but after that its like any other night out! Well we also go bowling, to the cinema and on various day trips.. :D
    corkcomp wrote: »
    haha +1:D nursey you still here?
    I'm here but its probably about 2 days late! oops! :o:)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    I forgot about Nursey :eek:
    Our online times haven't coincided for a while me thinks ;)
    I am disgusted that you would forget about me RJ... Disgusted I tell you!!! :eek::eek:

Advertisement