Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Operation iron wolf, milsim game on the 2nd of August

• 19-07-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Operation iron wolf, By thermo.

milsim game on the 2nd of August, at HRTA.

The president of Kra'zystan has been assinated by the leader of a rebel group, in the power struggle for control of the country. Kraz'ystan has vast mineral mineral deposits only recently discovered, any yet in such a short time an enormus and bloody civil war has erupted. War has broken out leaving thousands dead, injured or displaced.
    The minerals were found in the center of the country in "bandit" terrority, and these once small time hoods are now full on rebels trying to keep control of as much of the land and mines as possible.
    The country is in ruins, the president is dead, a Kra'zystan national army offensive has pushed the rebels back.They have retreated back into their barracks, situated in the village of Visilwana, evicted any villagers and set up a formidable defence! So far the army have managed to prevent any attempted break-outs and kept the rebels pinned down in the village, but have not been able to take control of the village.
    The vice president being next in line in the government is now in charge. He wants to bring order back to his country starting with the quashing of these rebels and putting their leader on trial for the murder of the president elect. In desperation at the situation his country is in he has approached NATO, and they have agreed to send a small multi national expeditionary force made up of member states special forces.........................
    For the rebel leader time is running out........................

Uniforms:
    NATO: smart uniform, (matching bdu's and tac gear)
    Rebels: rag tag military clothing and civillian attire.

Re-supply rules,
    NATO;
    an ammo box will be left at the designated L Z, each player on the NATO team will leave a bag of ammo(marked with their name) in the box for later use. the rebel air defence network must be "down" for re-supply to take place, to call in supply chopper the L Z must be secured, and held for 5 mins. (will be monitered by a marshall) once the 5 mins is up the ok will be givin to reload as required.

Rebels;
    an armoury will be designated at the start of the game by the rebel leader, extra ammo will be stored there by the players (in marked bags).
    armoury must be in rebel team control for 5 mins for reloading to be allowed. (again monitered by a marshall).

weapon ammo limits:
    shotgun- 30 shots
    side arm- 60 rds
    machinegun-1500 rds (*note: proper MG's no stubby thrillers with box mags ect.)
    assault rifles- 600rds
    sniper rifle- 75 rds
    grenade launchers- 6 shells
    hand grenades- up to 2 carried at any one time per man
    mines- up to 2 carried at any one time per man

medic rules;
    NATO; once hit. drop to the ground call medic, 10 mins bleed out. medics can apply a max of 2 bandages, after that instant death. upon dying return to L Z and await next airdrop. return to game as "fresh troops".
    medics 1 per section of 8
    Rebels: once hit drop to the ground call medic, 10 min bleed out time, casulty can be evacuated to MASH by simulated carry or bandages applied (max 2), returning to mash gives full health. upon dying choice of respawn, 1. outside safezone or 2. at mash.
    medics 1 per 10 rebels.
    sit out time is 15 mins.

objectives: rebels
    clear path in mine field
    recover sam guidence moduals
    disable apc's (x2)
    protect leader.

objectives: NATO
    clear path in mine field
    locate 4 keys hidden in the village
    locate and open the safe, extract rifle to L Z.
    capture and extract rebel leader to L Z.
    fix apc's (x2)

APC's; area must be secured for 1 min, turn sign to show either U/S (rebels), blank (NATO)

Mine field; paths must be cleared (all obsticals removed) and paths marked with white tape/string, straying off paths counts as a hit!

Safe; has 4 locks, keys must be found (hidden in the village) for the locks to opened. the safe contains a rifle this must be recovered.

Air defence network; the rebels have 3 SAM sites in the village, each guidance modual has been stolen and hidden by a government spy, the rebels must recover the guidance systems and have at least 2 SAMs complete for the air defence network to be operational.

game will be capped at approx 40 players.

Just got this offer from SE Airsoft,

This weekend SE Airsoft is offering every walk on a discount voucher.
    Voucher can be used against any items they stock.
    Only available this week and is only valid for 30 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hope to be there myself sounds good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I've a couple of surprises in the mix too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar. See you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I'll probably be there as well.

Just want to clear something up with the ammo limits.
    When you say 30 shots for the shotgun, do you mean you can only load your shells with a total of 30 shots worth of BB's? I assume that's what you mean but just wanted to be sure.

And there is a 600 round limit for rifles. Does that mean you just put 60 rounds in each mag (or 100 in each and only use 6 magazines?) or do you need to carry 20 magazines?

Sorry for all the questions right off the bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭assasin.338

sigh me up lar

• Advertisement

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I'll probably be there as well.

Just want to clear something up with the ammo limits.
    When you say 30 shots for the shotgun, do you mean you can only load your shells with a total of 30 shots worth of BB's? I assume that's what you mean but just wanted to be sure.

And there is a 600 round limit for rifles. Does that mean you just put 60 rounds in each mag (or 100 in each and only use 6 magazines?) or do you need to carry 20 magazines?

Sorry for all the questions right off the bat.

no bothers you get 30 shots with the shotgun, so if it's a tri shot you carry 90 rds or a single shot shotgun you carry 30, I'm limiting ammo and not how it's carried! So 600 rds per rifle man in any kind of mag or configuration. Players choice.
    I'm hoping by not restricting the mag type it will allow more players to try this type of game without having a substantial financial outlay. It will also allow those with exotic guns with limited mags avalible to take part.

sigh me up lar

On your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Was just about to say sign me up, then I realised I'll be in England:(

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Was just about to say sign me up, then I realised I'll be in England:(

Epic bailing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

thermo wrote: »
    Epic bailing!!
    I know! Sorry man!

• Advertisement

no bothers you get 30 shots with the shotgun, so if it's a tri shot you carry 90 rds or a single shot shotgun you carry 30, I'm limiting ammo and not how it's carried! So 600 rds per rifle man in any kind of mag or configuration. Players choice.
    I'm hoping by not restricting the mag type it will allow more players to try this type of game without having a substantial financial outlay. It will also allow those with exotic guns with limited mags avalible to take part.

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Sounds awesome, I'll try get up with some of the lads:D

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up!

No bothers, hope to see you in attendance!

No bothers, hope to see you in attendance!

If I can get a lift (which I'm 99% sure I can get one) I'll be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Just got this offer from SE Airsoft,

This weekend SE Airsoft is offering every walk on a discount voucher.
    Voucher can be used against any items they stock.
    Only available this week and is only valid for 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Count me in +2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

I'M in as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Lads what's the start & end time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm gonna try to make this Thermo - it'll probably be my first game since the last milsim at hrta. Stick me down chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I'd Love to try make this but i need to see if i can get away with playing two days in a row since ill be in Carlow the day before . Will let ya know .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

What's the price on this?

Stonewolf wrote: »
    What's the price on this?

I presume it will be the normal price for a days gaming but Paul would be the one to ask! Sorry that's not really a helpful answer.

Lads what's the start & end time?

I'd aim for a 10 am start but in reality it will probably be more like 10:30ish and play till 5-6.

I'd aim for a 10 am start but in reality it will probably be more like 10:30ish and play till 5-6.

If you say that people will be showing up at 10:30-11 and then spending a half hour getting ready. Put your foot down and say "Briefing starts at X, no briefing no game except by prior arrangement".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

If you say that people will be showing up at 10:30-11 and then spending a half hour getting ready. Put your foot down and say "Briefing starts at X, no briefing no game except by prior arrangement".
    If only. For the Sunday mil-sim in HRTA I had planned to have everything ready to go for 11. I think we were eventually able to do the briefing by 11:30, and then when it was done I was surprised that people wandered off to get their gear ready!

Being organised (i.e. have your mags loaded, radio checked, vest set up), and punctual (there for the advertised 11 start time), seems to be beyond most a lot of people :rolleyes:

sliabh wrote: »
    If only. For the Sunday mil-sim in HRTA I had planned to have everything ready to go for 11. I think we were eventually able to do the briefing by 11:30, and then when it was done I was surprised that people wandered off to get their gear ready!

Being organised (i.e. have your mags loaded, radio checked, vest set up), and punctual (there for the advertised 11 start time), seems to be beyond most people :rolleyes:

Aye i don't understand that as it takes 15min at best to get all this stuff sorted tbh

Yeah but if more games were strict about it then people would learn to be there on time and ready.

Yeah but if more games were strict about it then people would learn to be there on time and ready.

Completely agree on that and tbh the sooner the game start the better instead of standing around waiting in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

It does seem to be a characteristic of some sites. Some are more lax.

But I am all for being organised. Military efficiency if you will :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Unfortunately that's not generally a practical option due to the requirement for a certain number of players to make a game run, and desirability for more than that. The choice is frankly between starting punctually and making the game significantly better by having more players, and I'd expect organisers usually come down on the side of waiting (I know I do). It'd be great to have the kind of draw that games will fill and it can be first come first served, or viable to close it off on the nose of the scheduled time, but that's not how it works out in reality.

Nobody should be allowing themselves to be part of the problem though!

Anyway sorry about the straying from the topic. I'm planning to be there, might take the Minimi for a bit of exercise because I've been wanting to see that happen in a milsim sometime.

Thermo, are the ammo limits 600 rounds (for example) for the day, or 600 on your person and another 600 in your team's stash point, or 600 on your person at any time and no limit on reloads if you can get to them?

If you need anything I can help with gimme a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Count me in, really enjoyed my first milsim experience and hopefully this wiill be as good if not better :)

Probably bring down one or two mates too just so ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭assasin.338

On your own?
    probably not
    but he's away this week so i'll get him to sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

I'm gonna try to make this Thermo - it'll probably be my first game since the last milsim at hrta. Stick me down chief.

Yay Kev it'll be great to have you back, Im gonna try and make this one myself, looks like it could be fun.:)

Thermo, are the ammo limits 600 rounds (for example) for the day, or 600 on your person and another 600 in your team's stash point, or 600 on your person at any time and no limit on reloads if you can get to them?

If you need anything I can help with gimme a shout.
    thanks mate.
    its gonna be 600 rds on your person at any one time, however i may limit the stash/re-supply as i think unlimited ammo is not realistic.
    im going to say 10:00 breif start, but this being ireland i may have to delay till 10:30 however it will not be delayed beyond that! latest in game start will be 11:00, i will do the team commanders brief first, then a general safety brief. those that do not attend the safety brief do not play, end of!! harsh but fair imo.

a week or so before hand i will post final details and compile a team/faction list, so ill be able to check numbers and balance the sides.

• Advertisement

Ermm just wondering about the ROE situation ?

You using that set of rules as well or...?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Ermm just wondering about the ROE situation ?

You using that set of rules as well or...?

I'm not using the ROE ruleset, I've written my own!

Cool, will there be a copy available online we can read before going out to play?

Cool, will there be a copy available online we can read before going out to play?

In the op the medic rules and ammo rules are laid out hrta site rules apply also. If you wish I will consolidate them into one list tomorrow( when I'm not only in from 6 hours in the mess).

Is there anything you need clarification on in particular?

Ps keep the questions coming, thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Lar, put Paddy on that playing list. Cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

Put me down as a maybe, transport is a bit of a problem at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nain

Lar, put Paddy on that playing list. Cheers. :)

Thanks Steve for putting my name down. :) eventually got back on boards again.:D

Okay so far Ive got 3 coming.

Myself and two other friends. will update the numbers whenever i hear more though :)

first up guns are required to shoot at 1 joule or less, and gun shooting over will NOT be allowed on the field. all guns will be chrono'd, no exceptions.
    the medic rules and ammo rules are explained in the first post. feel free to ask for clarification.

safety glasses, goggles will be worn at all times in the game zone. if you are caught without your glasses on properly in the game zone, you will be asked to sit out for 10 mins in the safe zone the second infraction earns 20 mins, ther wont be a third!

no blind fire, it will be demonstrated so you will have no doubt what it is.

shooting under 10 feet, the bang kill may be offered if you see fit otherwise try to aim center mass and avoid head shot where possible, use semi-auto.

buildings with collapsed roofs are out of bounds.

windows cannot be opened to shoot out.

prisoners may be taken, you shoot them, let your medic disarm them then heal them and take them into custody.

radio frequencys:
    nato: channel 2 (and sub frequencies)
    rebels: channel 5 (and sub frequencies)
    marshals: channel 3 the sub frequency will be announced on the day.
    there will be no monitoring or jamming of the enemy's comms.

nato re-supply ammendment
    due to re-supply taking place by chopper there will be a minimum time delay between "drops" of 1 hour and 20 mins.

can those wishing to attend please post their name/team(+numbers) and faction preferance. so we can try and balance teams.

*heads up: there are several seceret missions lined up for the factions which will only be revealed to commanders on the day*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Stick me down for NATO forces Lar - there are a few lads from AON heading as well, I'll get firm numbers and let you know, but I'd say they'll want to be NATO as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

If you could stick me down for NATO too please, that'd be great:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Doc - Nato

(Unsure of how many hawks are going at present)

If numbers are wonky ill go other side if needs be, just let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Do nato have a specific camo pattern/colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

G.I Joseph wrote: »
    Do nato have a specific camo pattern/colour?

Uniforms:
    NATO: smart uniform, (matching bdu's and tac gear)

Rebels: rag tag military clothing and civillian attire.

Need some rebels to kick NATO back to where they belong. Intefering busybodies trying to take our resources.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

GO HOME thieving Gits !!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter the rebel

• Advertisement
Advertisement