Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still Running Scared-in a dress!

• 19-07-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

First night out in about 3 months tonight!!

Some observations after 3 months off running:

1) I seem to get about 3 weeks grace for being able to eat whatever I want after I stop running! After that I guess the metabolisim starts to slow down and weight starts to creep on :o maybe the best plan is not to stop-why don't I learn!

2) Oddly enough earlier this year after doing an admitedly modest amout of running I didn't seem to be able to manage even a 10 minute mile, however this evening after not running in 3 months I managed a 9.29 (no laughing!!)

3) Bursting a seam on your dress at work (luckily didn't expose too much leg ;)) is quite a powerful motivator to head out for a run....

So any way back to tonights's 'run', nice and easy to start 1.5 miles. 9.29 for the first mile then a jog back to the house again 1.51 miles in 14.54 mins. Back to scratch again!

HR max 181
    Weight 10 st 5 lb

Not expecting much in the weight loss department but definately hoping to see a reallocation in the weight distribution:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Welcome back McConkey. I'd say the seam bursting was a motivating moment alright :D
    Have you any target races in mind? Streets of Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Out again tonight an hour after a pasta dinner....was planning on just walking as I did the same thing last night and got cramp. Started to jog and was ok for another 1.5 miles tonight though did have some cramp again. Just need to get a bit more organised with eating times.

Anyway 1.52 miles in 16 min 5 sec. Was taking it handy as running over rough ground close to darkness. HR max 177 bpm.

@littlebug,
    you could say that alright, still I'll take my motivation where I can get it ;) I suppose I need to start thinking about a few goals as it'll bring a bit more to my thread and keep me motivated. I've done Streets of Galway the last couple of years so I think I should chalk that down as my next outing for this year-thanks for reminding me-just noticed that I missed the cheaper entry :o but must get on to it soon!! Cheers!

Advertisement