Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faster Group Texts from Nokia Symbian Phone

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I use a Nokia N96 to send occasional group texts to about 40 people. It takes about 10 secs per text. So we're talking the guts of 7 mins to send the 40.

I have all the relevant contacts in a group and in send to select the group so it's the phone taking time and not me looking for different contacts.

I would like to send them faster. It has to be a symbian phone.

Anyone with experience sending like this faster?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the phone itself sends all the texts individually even if they're grouped together.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Random wrote: »
    the phone itself sends all the texts individually even if they're grouped together.

That's correct. So I'd be interested to hear about a phone that would send the individual texts faster than every 10 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Webtext an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

plu wrote: »
    That's correct. So I'd be interested to hear about a phone that would send the individual texts faster than every 10 secs.
    It's not possible to get much faster than this, it's a network limitation. It's not possible to transmit more than one text over the network at any one time, on any phone. It has to send each text, one at a time. Webtext is really the only way to go for fast texting in bulk.

Advertisement