Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primart Teaching through Arts - subjects??

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I just got offered the place on the GY101 Arts Degree course on a mature student basis . . Its been 7 years since I did my Leavin so im a fair bit rusty with the Irish, French etc. but am considering taking them subjects back up again . . does anyone know how intense the language courses are given the fact that it has been so long since I studied either? Would I need to take grinds b4 hand to get back into the swing of things? I just did a FETAC Childcare course and passed with all distinctions and eventually would love to do Primary Teaching through Arts (which means doing my Honors LC Irish all over again at some stage too!) and this was y I thought these may be good subject selections but are there any other subjects which would be advisable for primary teaching . . Also, if I take French, do I HAVE to spend a semester abroad? S anyone else in the same situation as me or anything similar? Has anyone any thoughts?? Im nervous now as I really didnt think I'd get d offer and im a bit thrown now!!
    Pleased :D but confused :confused:.
    Thanks Guys!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Carolanne..

hey ya i am in the exact same situation as you, more or less. I did my leaving in 2004.
    I kinda wrote off NUIG cause I thought the aptitude test went woahful for me , and when I got it then I was really shocked but totally excited about it all.
    I want to , eventually , go onto secondary teaching and am wondering what subjects to do for it, but I reckon that you should do the subjects your interested in , not what you think will be good for teaching, if it makes any sense.
    Any language subject is trying at university level so doing 2 of them would be a hell of a lot of pressure on you , especially being out of school so long. If your interested in history or geography I would consider them, its a great basis if you have a range of subjects , and in primary school they don't learn a lot of french its very basic. I think you should go along to as many lectures you can in the first few weeks before you registar for them and see, and talk to the reps.
    Hope this helps and if it didnt sorry !! Good luck

Oh and i think(THINK) that you only have to go abroad if your doing and international degree, but check out the website or ring the college

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Also, if I take French, do I HAVE to spend a semester abroad?

If it's the same as Spanish, which I'd presume it is, then you must spend third year abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh and i think(THINK) that you only have to go abroad if your doing and international degree, but check out the website or ring the college

If you take a language on into second year then it's automatically a BA International because you will be going abroad for third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Do Irish and you will be able to do a Diploma in it instead of the Leaving. Best of luck

• Advertisement

cool thanks im bit stupid

Advertisement