Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a Postal Money Order work?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

[Wasn't sure which forum to put this under :confused:]

Basically, I'm new to postal money orders and am wondering how exactly they work...

I'm ordering something online and have chosen the postal money order payment method option for personal reasons. The cost is about 20 euro including delivery.

So, basically do I just go to a post office ane pay that amount and fill out a cheque-like form? I know how to fill out a cheque from Business Studies but is there anything I should note?

The website I'm ordering from instructs me to send the payment along with the name of the product I am ordering and my contact details to the address they have given me. So do I just put all this into an envelope and send it off? Can I just put it in a regular letterbox?

Oh, and lastly, can you do this at every post office (like the post offices in the back of shops) or are there only a select few that offer this service?

Sorry if this is too long :(
    Thank you so much :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Go to the post office, tell them how much you need a postal money order for, they print it up, you pay them (there is a small fee on top) and then you take the postal money order away. You fill in the name of the person you want to be able to cash it (just like a cheque, there is a line of it for that.

I would put the information they've requested on a seperate page, and attach the postal order with a paperclip etc. You can post it through regular mail if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Dont forget the keep your receipt when sending postal orders via post as if it goes missing in transit you will need it to get your money refunded from the post office and the receipt will have the information to confirm the PO not cashed.

Advertisement