Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs n pubs

• 20-07-2010 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Going to Waterford on a night out soon, what are the best nightclubs and pubs? Cheers!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The_ONeill wrote: »
    Going to Waterford on a night out soon, what are the best nightclubs and pubs? Cheers!!!

Hey. It really depends. What kind of places do you normally like? Because that'll really decide what anyone here will recommend to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 The_ONeill

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Hey. It really depends. What kind of places do you normally like? Because that'll really decide what anyone here will recommend to you.

Lively pubs and nightclubs, with adequate music and fine women, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The_ONeill wrote: »
    Lively pubs and nightclubs, with good music and fine women, haha.

Well I'm guessing from the rest of your description that our ideas of "good music" differ but I think I know what you mean. That kind of night out in Waterford would typically start in Mason's or The Kazbar and everyone'd head down to Harvey's after 11. They're all in the one area so it's not like you're stuck to one if you don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

For night clubs, Rubys and Escape, good lively pubs, Masons, Revolution, Kazbar, Dignity, Ruby lounge, then Harveys a disco bar, plenty of wedding music, and a rip off, stay clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 The_ONeill

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing from the rest of your description that our ideas of "good music" differ but I think I know what you mean. That kind of night out in Waterford would typically start in Mason's or The Kazbar and everyone'd head down to Harvey's after 11. They're all in the one area so it's not like you're stuck to one if you don't like it.

Thanks for your reply! I'll check those places out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Warning: Fine women may not appear in any of these locations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't believe abouttobebanned hasn't posted yet :)

I'd try Harveys OP, it's free in and if you don't like it then you can go with the teenies in rubys and that elk.

Oh and of course as per the new fourm charter DONT GO TO GEOFFS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't believe abouttobebanned hasn't posted yet :)

I'd try Harveys OP, it's free in and if you don't like it then you can go with the teenies in rubys and that elk.

Oh and of course as per the new fourm charter DONT GO TO GEOFFS :)

why not?? is it scummy??

im prob moving to Waterford in the next few weeks so just wondering where to avoid:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

just to annoy Ziedth...

I am going to add geoffs is a good met up pub... always lively and a good craic......

after that harveys is ok

Icky Thump wrote: »
    why not?? is it scummy??

im prob moving to Waterford in the next few weeks so just wondering where to avoid:D

It's kind of a running joke and might be worth a stop for your first pint before the various bogeys come in. I really don't like it there but if you asked people on the street a good few would say go there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I don't really know much about the pub and club scene in waterford but enjoy your stay down here OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I don't really know much about the pub and club scene in waterford but enjoy your stay down here OP!

Funny, a few of us were just saying that! :D

^ LOL

gscully wrote: »
    Funny, a few of us were just saying that! :D

I know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Icky Thump wrote: »
    why not?? is it scummy??

Not scummy at at, a minority can be a bit arty farty. Its a popular pub, just some people think they are too cool for school in there.

EDIT: Don't use the jacks if you are wearing sandals, bring waders instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

For night clubs, Rubys and Escape, good lively pubs, Masons, Revolution, Kazbar, Dignity, Ruby lounge, then Harveys a disco bar, plenty of wedding music, and a rip off, stay clear

That's roughly what Waterford has all to offer at the moment.

its as dead as a doornail.

I live in Dublin and there is so many places to choose from. However I do go back to Waterford most weekends, usually to catch a glimpse of the Blues. Last Saturday night was Garveys (local) Grimes, Masons and Harveys.

Harveys, a rip off and hate the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

harveys has tobe one of the dearest places in the country for drink my g/f drinks that blue wkd stuff at it was something like €6:50 a bottle in there to go along with ur €5:40 pints unreal! or 9 bucks a cocktail! unreal!

And yet they pack the place out every weekend. You deserve to be ripped off if you keep asking to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Yup as said a million time before its a rip off, and if the sheep of waterford keep flocking there, prices wont drop, simple as, The sooner a new venue pops up the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Grimes = Best pub ever. That is all. :)

• Advertisement

Asmodean wrote: »
    Grimes = Best pub ever. That is all. :)

Tis great for a quite drink alright. I'd add The Gingerman, T&H's and Downes as pubs in the similar mould. Probably not what the OP is looking for though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Tis great for a quite drink alright. I'd add The Gingerman, T&H's and Downes as pubs in the similar mould. Probably not what the OP is looking for though.

Good selection there. I dont go into Harveys much but **** me that place takes the biscuit.

I hate Harveys with a passion. It's overpriced, overcrowded at times, the music is terrible and you can be queueing for ages before even getting a drink. Not to mention most of the group often spending the night out in the smoking area where I have no intention of going.

I'd go to Ruby's lounge or stay in The Woodman all night rather than go there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Has there been any changes to Ruby's/Oxegen/Muldoons since the change of ownership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

hardybuck wrote: »
    Has there been any changes to Ruby's/Oxegen/Muldoons since the change of ownership?

Any news will be posted here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055723440

Advertisement