Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self defence societies during summer

Options
  • 20-07-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

do any of the kickboxing/tae kwon do etc etc societies run classes in the UCD gym during the summer, or are they all just term time?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

The Shaolin Kung Fu club keeps going during the summer. The main class is Saturday at 12:00 noon. If the weather is nice we'll be on the terrace overlooking the hockey pitch, otherwise we'll be inside.

The Ninjutsu club is smaller so we usually stop during the summer but this year we've been keeping it going with classes on Wednesdays at 6:00pm at the back of Hall B. It's not on every week though, usually a message is sent to the facebook group on Monday to see if enough people can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

As far as I know, the TKD club is still training during the summer. Wednesday nights at 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Thanks to both, is it ok to turn up to any of these classes? I'm not officially a student again until September :D

And I'd be a beginner at any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

A couple of beginners joined Kung Fu three or four weeks ago. Ninjutsu hasn't been on the last couple of weeks and it's probably better to join with the other beginners in September because everyone has to learn how to fall first.

Advertisement