Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming tax back In Ireland

Options
  • 20-07-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Ive claimed tax back in Ireland a few times without a bother. I've done it this year and as normal I was expecting to get something back. However, Ive been told that Im entitled to nothing..said Id underpaid. I find this to be bull as i wasn't working for about 3 months and would definitely have had plenty of tax credits left. Im thinking that they might be getting tough on the tax reclaim as so many people have been reclaiming.
    Has anyone else found difficulty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dganly

Seems strange that you'd have under paid with 3 months not working. I'm not aware of any difficulties in claiming for refunds. Had no problems with my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Red Oak Tax Refunds: John

Hey Tiger,
    This can happen if you went from Job A to 3 months not working to Job B.

If you gave Job B your P45 from Job A, then you will be undertaxed as unfortunately your welfare income would not have been included in your year to date income and this is taxable.

Clear as mud! Was that your situ?

Advertisement