Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD 2009 exporting co-ordinates

Options
  • 20-07-2010 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi

I have a layout of a wind farm done and now need to export the co-ordinates of each turbine out to either a .txt file or .csv file. I have all the turbine locations marked as just points on a single layer and the drawing is georeferenced.

Does anyone know how to do this or if its even possible?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Assuming your not using Civil3D etc, just plain ol' AutoCAD...

Tools > Data Extraction

Create a new data extraction, call the extraction type file whatever you want (if you're going to do this again it would be useful to save the file as something you can find again in future, eg PENZif its a point no, easting, northing, z-coord.

On the Data Source page, from what you describe it would be easier to have your points isolated with all other layers frozen off. Therefore at this point select "Select objects in the Drawing" - and select your points.

The next page should confirm that you have only points selected.

The next page allows you to select the object attributes you want to export - in your case just unselect the Drawing and General tick boxes, leaving you with position X,Y,Z.

Next page previews your output.

And the last page allows you to select your output format - in your case select "output data to external file", choose your filepath, change the file extension to .txt or .csv.

Et voila. Any editing to get rid of unwanted columns can be done in Excel.

If you wanted to get really saucy you could have marked the turbine locations with a point block with a description attribute (e.g. turbine number) - data extraction would then allow you to extract the turbine no. as well as the geometric properties of the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

Easiest way would probably be to download a LISP. I use one called GetPoint.

It is very simple, just load the application, type in the command (you'll get it from the LISP text file) and click on each point you want (may want to only have node snap on) the co ords of. When finished hit enter and the co ords will export to a txt file located on your desktop in simple x, y, z.

If you need any help with it give me a shout.

Advertisement