Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gaming sites

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I am surprised nobody has mentioned http://www.cvg.co.uk AKA http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

It usually has news/information before other sites, takes a sample of the best reviews from a few different mags and unlike a lot of other websites does not appear to have its reviews corrupted or jaded due to personal feelings on things.

for more specific sites I regularly visit
    www.cadred.org competitive PC (predominantly Counter-Strike) scene.
    www.tek-9.org - competitive CoD4 scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Didn't Bioshock get a patch like 4 months after release that enabled the switching off of vita-chambers?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Azza wrote: »
    Didn't Bioshock get a patch like 4 months after release that enabled the switching off of vita-chambers?
    It did yea. Made it a lot harder although being able to save whenever you liked helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Azza wrote: »

Bioshock's difficulty is weighed heavily towards using vita-chambers though. I 1000 pointed the game on release and rarely used them but I attempted it again when the patch was released and really, it was an exercise in frustration simply because it wasn't hard for the right reasons for the first half of the game then towards the end it becomes too easy as you gain plasmids. That's the wrong way around to me...

It's like playing a Call of Duty game on Veteran, something I also did for CoD2, CoD4 and MW2. It's not *really* about skill, it's about stubborness against enemies that have XRay vision and perfect aim.

• Advertisement

Isn't one of the achievements to complete it on hard without using a single vita-chamber?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

It was an additional achievement for 100 points post-patch that I gave up on around 50% through a replay of the game.

Yea I wouldn't have the patience for that at all. I generally get as many of the achievements on the way through as I can because after I finish the main story my interests wains significantly.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I played through Bioshoch once. Was a good game overall. Was easy but it did not bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

• Advertisement
Advertisement