Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaumont Hospital to City Centre

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

I have an appointment in Beaumont in a few weeks, getting a lift up coz I wont drive that far but i'll have to make my own way to the city centre afterwards. I'm useless, I know O'Connell St. and Henry St. area but that's about it.

Just wondering how far it is, or does anyone know roughly how much would a taxi be. I have an irrational fear of getting buses when I don't know where i'm going or what stop to get off at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭doohan

27B Stops at the main entrance and drops off in Marlborough St (one over from O'Connell St)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Failing the bus, it'll cost you about €10 to the city centre by taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gary_bre

Also the 42a bus : Lower Abbey street to Main Entrance of Hospital.

20B stops outside and terminates in Marlborough Street also. It'll be more than a tenner in a taxi though, closer to €15 incl. tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

As someone already said, the 27B is your man.

If you just miss it though and need another bus, walk out the main entrance (Beaumont Road side) and you can get a 20B just across the road. Both buses will leave you by the Abbey Theatre just off O'Connell St.

Or, if you don't know city centre that well and you'd like to end up on O'Connell St, walk out of the hospital to the Beaumont Road, take a right and walk as far as the Beaumont House pub (about 3 minutes from the hospital entrance) where you can get a 16 or a 16A. These will leave you on O'Connell St just outside Burger King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Don't know any of those streets! Thanks a million, probably just get a taxi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

If you get the 27b you get off at the last stop, so you don't need to worry about missing your stop. You can always ask the driver to tell you when your stop is coming up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As the 27b/42a or 20b comes up Talbot Street, you will see the Spire ahead of you and that is on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Just take the 27b. You will be no more than 60 seconds from O'Connell Street from the last stop.

It is very easy and you will not get lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

Leave hospital and walk up to beamont road,
    take a right and walk a little towards whitehall.
    Go Past the beaumont house pub and garage and on the opposite side of road to the garage,
    a little up you can get 16, 16A (both go up Drumcondra to O'Connol street) or 20B all at the same stop.
    All these buses are very regular. shouldnt be waiting more then 15 mins max.

its about 10 mins walk from doors of hospital to this bus stop.

the 16/16A stop at the spire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

CCCP wrote: »
    Leave hospital and walk up to beamont road,
    take a right and walk a little towards whitehall.
    Go Past the beaumont house pub and garage and on the opposite side of road to the garage,
    a little up you can get 16, 16A (both go up Drumcondra to O'Connol street) or 20B all at the same stop.
    All these buses are very regular. shouldnt be waiting more then 15 mins max.

its about 10 mins walk from doors of hospital to this bus stop.

the 16/16A stop at the spire.

Why tell someone to walk a distance out of the hospital when a bus (the 27b) serves the main entrance, operates every 15/20 minutes, and leaves the OP barely 2 minutes from the Spire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

OP the 27B operates at the front door of the hospital!

It will have "city centre" written on the front. It'll cost 1.80, take 25 minutes and as it approaches the last stop you can see the liffey and the spire, 2 very good waypoints that you'll know!

I live beside there, and a taxi to town at that time will cost 15/16 euro.

Great thanks a million for all the replies. I might brave the 27b so, if it goes from the hospital and i'm getting off at the last stop I can't go too far wrong! Thanks again.

KC61 wrote: »
    Why tell someone to walk a distance out of the hospital when a bus (the 27b) serves the main entrance, operates every 15/20 minutes, and leaves the OP barely 2 minutes from the Spire?

sorry im not familiar with 27b route, just telling him what I know.

CCCP wrote: »
    sorry im not familiar with 27b route, just telling him what I know.

Her :)

Her :)
    Man Im just so way off the mark in this thread I should of stayed out of it :o !

Advertisement