Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with UPC accessing Samsung Support site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You have multiple ISP connections???

Are you using the same machine and network setup each time you try downloading when using the different ISP's?

I've never heard of ISP's blocking specific filetypes. In fact, UPC has stated several times to me in the past that they don't filter/block any traffic at all.

I suspect it's something unrelated to UPC that's causing this problem. Perhaps the firewall in the router (if you use one)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Seeing the same issue here
    - UPC no go
    - UPC with openDNS - no go

Using work VPN to UK over UPC - works

I suggest you contact UPC tech support - cold be a routing issue,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

can download it fine here upc in limerick using googles dns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

You have multiple ISP connections??? I just have access to them ;)

Are you using the same machine and network setup each time you try downloading when using the different ISP's? YES

I've never heard of ISP's blocking specific filetypes. In fact, UPC has stated several times to me in the past that they don't filter/block any traffic at all.

I suspect it's something unrelated to UPC that's causing this problem. Perhaps the firewall in the router (if you use one)?[/QUOTE] Router is working fine as can access when using a VPN

You have multiple ISP connections???

Are you using the same machine and network setup each time you try downloading when using the different ISP's?

I suspect it's something unrelated to UPC that's causing this problem. Perhaps the firewall in the router (if you use one)?

Cool, must give this a second try. Didn't work the first time, perhaps I need to switch my TV on and off again after making the changes?
    dunworth1 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Same here! Refuses to download on my UPC connection but can do it no bother from work. Dublin btw.

I just realized I changed the DNS on my router and not the UPC Modem router. Can you share how you changed the settings on the UPC modem. I'm not even sure how to access it to configure the settings.
    dunworth1 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

downloaded the file fine for me, but i don't use UPC's DNS servers.

mine are:

i picked them using the GRC DNS Benchmarking tool.

vibe666 wrote: »
    downloaded the file fine for me, but i don't use UPC's DNS servers.

mine are:

i picked them using the GRC DNS Benchmarking tool.

Did you change this on the UPC modem or via your router? And if change is on UPC router, how did you do it as I can't access it - I don't know the username or password

Also, which DNS servers are these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Did you change this on the UPC modem or via your router? And if change is on UPC router, how did you do it as I can't access it - I don't know the username or password

Also, which DNS servers are these?
    i use my own router with the old single port modem UPC used to give out, the cisco one is sh1te.

i think UPC recently changed the user/pass on all their hardware to keep us dirty commoners from changing any settings. seen a few posts with people unable to get into it.

try ringing UPC and see if they'll let you in to change your DNS servers.

• Advertisement

Just to add that I'm no longer experiencing this problem anymore. Not sure if UPC or Samsung corrected the issue though but happy it's resolved.

Advertisement