Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand Wetsuit

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the surf schools sell second-hand wetsuits?
    I am looking for a decent suit for swimming and surfing but don’t really have the budget at the moment. Rather than buy a cheap but thin one which I will freeze in and then not use I was hoping to get a better one that someone may be upgrading from!
    I have googled a bit but no luck and was just checking before I hit the phones and call the guys in Lahinch!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should probably look under Sports/Scuba diving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi, yep, checked those already..thanks though....I didn't see anything but I will double check if you think you did...

It is more the surfing area really as the scuba suits are kinda different and more expensive - wouldn't say no mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I did a quick search, good thread here and maybe ask these

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Donedeal.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Maybe call down to the windsurfing place in Rusheen bay??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

carmex21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if the surf schools sell second-hand wetsuits?
    I am looking for a decent suit for swimming and surfing but don’t really have the budget at the moment. Rather than buy a cheap but thin one which I will freeze in and then not use I was hoping to get a better one that someone may be upgrading from!
    I have googled a bit but no luck and was just checking before I hit the phones and call the guys in Lahinch!
    Thanks

Hurley, worn once. Size?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

aha, I see the links you mean Biko, thanks.

Yeah, I got my last one from a uk site and it was great but I gave it to my sis when she went abroad. I guess I was just kinda thinking someone local may have one or know of a local group that sell them on.
    It is really me being lazy and a skint flint!

I will check out all the links for the surf clubs though, thanks for those - may get one from the rental guys at the beach. I guess I should just post there too:)

Seensensee, I would be looking for a ladies medium (possibly small). It is usually a case of a large small or a small medium if that makes sense! Oh also, probably an autumn/winter suit- so a 4 or 5 or 4/3 5/3 something like that.....

Advertisement