Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with epson printer

• 20-07-2010 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there ,im pretty ignorant regarding computers and not sure im in the right section but here goes anway

i have a piece of crap epson DX4450 printer , whenever i start printing out a document ive downloaded from the internet , i cant seem to stop mid-way through if i so wish , baschically the printer will insist on printing the ( bible ) from start to finish once i begin and will not let me go on to something else untill its competley done , this results in a huge amount of ink being wasted , is thier anyway you can cancel a print

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

irishh_bob wrote: »
    hi there ,im pretty ignorant regarding computers and not sure im in the right section but here goes anway

i have a piece of crap epson DX4450 printer , whenever i start printing out a document ive downloaded from the internet , i cant seem to stop mid-way through if i so wish , baschically the printer will insist on printing the ( bible ) from start to finish once i begin and will not let me go on to something else untill its competley done , this results in a huge amount of ink being wasted , is thier anyway you can cancel a print
    Look for the printer icon in the bottom right of your screen (beside the clock), open it (double click) and you should see your printers queue, select all these documents, right click them and delete them :) Should sort your problem for ya

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

yoyo wrote: »
    Look for the printer icon in the bottom right of your screen (beside the clock), open it (double click) and you should see your printers queue, select all these documents, right click them and delete them :) Should sort your problem for ya

Nick

thanks , still have a slight problem though , all the colour catridges are empty , can you print a document soley using the black catridge , printer seems to be highlighting the fact that the colour catridges are empty when i try to print out a letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

irishh_bob wrote: »
    thanks , still have a slight problem though , all the colour catridges are empty , can you print a document soley using the black catridge , printer seems to be highlighting the fact that the colour catridges are empty when i try to print out a letter
    Short answer is no

Advertisement