Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYC Virgin Please Help Me

• 20-07-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hey just looking for some advice

A couple of us are heading over to the states on Friday, all males, 22-24. Flying into JFK and staying in NYC for two nights before heading down to Ocean City for a couple of weeks. We really want to make the most of our stay in New York and want to see/do as much as possible.

We've decided we're going to get the bus to Woodbury Common for one of the days as we need clothes and were promised that's the place to go.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on things you must see or things that aren't worth it?

I've looked at a few websites but most seem to be for an older crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with museums or anything but we've only got 2 nights and we're trying to fit all the "Must-Do's" in our short time there

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Read the sticky on top of this page
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I wouldn't bother with Woodbury Common..I thought it was terrible for guys clothes. Go to Century 21 near the world trade centre and you'll pick up plenty of jeans and then head to Macys for everything else.

New York is simple to get around on the Tube but don't be afraid to pay for taxis either as they're dirt cheap. There's loads of Irish bars everywhere for the evenings but If you want good food go to the Italian District or Chinatown (all in Manhattan).
    You've only got 2 days so do Times Square , Central Park, Aircraft Carrier , Statue of Liberty in a day with plenty of time for shoppin and drinking too :D
    It's a fantastic city and as they say it never sleeps so there's always something on. It's very safe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

I wouldn't bother with Woodbury Common..I thought it was terrible for guys clothes. Go to Century 21 near the world trade centre and you'll pick up plenty of jeans and then head to Macys for everything else.

New York is simple to get around on the Tube but don't be afraid to pay for taxis either as they're dirt cheap. There's loads of Irish bars everywhere for the evenings but If you want good food go to the Italian District or Chinatown (all in Manhattan).
    You've only got 2 days so do Times Square , Central Park, Aircraft Carrier , Statue of Liberty in a day with plenty of time for shoppin and drinking too :D
    It's a fantastic city and as they say it never sleeps so there's always something on. It's very safe too.

That's great thanks very much :D

Advertisement