Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting back on the road after drink driving

• 20-07-2010 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I was hoping to get some help and information about getting back on the road after serving my drink driving ban.

I was caught last year with with 36mg on the breath test (just one 1mg over) and have nearly completed my deserved year off the road. The ban is up on the 1st of October.

Can any one out there tell me what the next steps are and how do i get my license back.

I have a VW Golf and ive been driving for 7 years. I'm 25.

Any advice wouldbe well recieved

Comments

thought it was 80 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

obeng wrote: »
    I was hoping to get some help and information about getting back on the road after serving my drink driving ban.

I was caught last year with with 36mg on the breath test (just one 1mg over) and have nearly completed my deserved year off the road. The ban is up on the 1st of October.

Can any one out there tell me what the next steps are and how do i get my license back.

out of curiosity how many drinks did you consume

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

In the UK the legal limit for drivers is 80 mg of alcohol / 100 ml of blood.

Alternatively, in terms of breath alcohol, this equates to 35 microgrammes per 100 ml on exhalation (generally the official measure in the UK, as calibrated on the meters in police stations without the need for a doctor or a body-fluid sample).

Is OP UK-based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 obeng

i think its 80 for blood. Your allowed 35mg of alcohol in your breth

dekbhoy wrote: »
    out of curiosity how many drinks did you consume

5 bottles.

Were kind of going of the sublect here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Talk to the solicitor who represented you in court, should be able to answer all the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

5 bottles.

Were kind of going of the sublect here

5 pint bottles, or 5 330ml bottles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

jesus leave the lad alone,
    he asked for help o how he gets back on the road.. not a quizz on how he lost his licence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

The court that disqualified you will have sent your details to the county council HQ for your area (they issue the licences). You have to write to them and request a reissue of your licence. If you were disqualified under Section 26 (2) you will have to retake your driving test from scratch, including the theory test. If not, it's the same procedure as if you were renewing an old licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

...have nearly completed my deserved year off the road...

Can I just draw everyone's attention to this word in the OP's post and ask that this be a "high horse" free zone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

You can do it yourself by contacting the court services office at the relevant court you were disqualified from.

Or you can contact a solicitor to do it for you.

(Also.....just to remind you as MOST forget....did you hand your licence into the court office when you were disqualified for endorsing??? If you didn't, do it ASAP and say you forgot. It could lead to trouble when getting back on the road)

-Chris- wrote: »

Can I just draw everyone's attention to this word in the OP's post and ask that this be a "high horse" free zone?

Im not on a high horse i just wanted to stop people condemming me as i was hoping to get advice from some people who know what they are talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Im not on a high horse i just wanted to stop people condemming me as i was hoping to get advice from some people who know what they are talking about

Erm ... you may wish to re-read Chris's post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

not you on your high horse, but many who frequent this forum thrive on other's mistakes

Erm ... you may wish to re-read Chris's post ;)

sorry i get ya now, thanks

Advertisement