Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letter from Mayo council for dumping rubbish

Options
  • 20-07-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

After a visit to my local recycling bins in Ballinrobe, i was extremely stunned and now very annoyed that i received a letter today with CCTV still pictures of me putting glass, tins etc into the relevant bins.

They have accused me of leaving rubbish around the bins, but i had 2 plastic stacking type boxes with the tins/glass in, which went straight back into my boot of car to be filled again at home.

Im so mad im thinking of getting legal advice on what to do.

If the person who wrote the letter and printed out CCTV pics of me and my car putting the recyclables into the bins, they would have seen me put the plastic stacking boxes back into my car (They now sit in my utility room being filled up again) after i finished and not leaving them around the bins like ive been accused of.

There was no pics of the actual boxes been left there!!!!

Im not being fined or taken to court but just warned, I really dont know why i go this letter as the CCTV will clearly show me putting the boxes back in my car after i finished.

What a waste of time and money for that letter.

Im so mad.

Im thinking of going to the press with this actually.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

snaps wrote: »
    ... Im thinking of going to the press with this actually.
    A pound to a pinch of poo, that letter isn't signed but comes from the "We had feck-all else to do today so we decided to hassle you" Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

mathepac wrote: »
    A pound to a pinch of poo, that letter isn't signed but comes from the "We had feck-all else to do today so we decided to hassle you" Department.

Oh its signed alright by the enviromental officer!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

You should get straight on to a fellow named Anton, he's a reporter for the Mayo News. He'd certainly get it published. By your original post it seems very clear that you are vacant of any wrong doing. Rather it seems that the mistake is on their part with regards to misapplication of CCTV. You have a solid case to boot. Good luck.

osprey wrote: »
    You should get straight on to a fellow named Anton, he's a reporter for the Mayo News. He'd certainly get it published. By your original post it seems very clear that you are vacant of any wrong doing. Rather it seems that the mistake is on their part with regards to misapplication of CCTV. You have a solid case to boot. Good luck.

May well do, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Before you get up in arms and get it into the papers I'd ring the particular enviromental officer, explain the case and ask for the warning to be withdrawn.

Once you highlight that a mistake has been made I'm sure they'll discover where, because we all make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

makes you wary of going to the trouble of recycling, fuk it all in the black bin now

yes but if they had watched the cctv for another 30 secs they would have seen the Boxes removed and placed in car!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Seems like a mistake but also where was the CCTV? I presume they have signs up to tell you that CCTV is in operation?
    I would think this could be illegal otherwise?

They upped all the prices to the bring centres, they now charge VAT there. Do they want us to recycle anything?

Ring the Officer but why don't they spend the money on our so called roads. Load of cack this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Tom Dunne had something like this on his show a few months back. If I remember correctly, he said he went to the bottle bank and filled up as much as he could. The container had not been cleared out in a while so he could only fit a few bottles in. He left the remaining bottles he had in a cardboard box beside the bank presuming these would be recycled also, only to receive an 80 euro fine a few days later from Dept of the Environment for littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Demand an apology in writing from the env officer or else that you would be going public. Good job you were'nt recycling a satellite dish:D

• Advertisement

Demand an apology in writing from the env officer or else that you would be going public. Good job you were'nt recycling a satellite dish:D

Been told the officer in question is on holidays so we have given them until they come back and then we will go to the local press.
    All we are looking for is an apology!

Also the site in question has no signs for CCTV monitoring, so have taken pics of the site. Cameras are there though.

Advertisement