Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The beer for a Debs night

Options
  • 20-07-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hey people my first post here

we have our daughters debs in Sept and wanted to get some beer in i guess we are looking for Guinness Miller Bud and some Coors light in beer and Vodka Bacardi Whiskey and some Alco pops

anyone got any ideas where we would get the best deal ?

Thanks K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ask yourself is it worthwhile going up for the beer? Sometimes it can be cheaper down here on multipack deals.

Definitely go up for the spirits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

gurramok wrote: »
    Ask yourself is it worthwhile going up for the beer? Sometimes it can be cheaper down here on multipack deals.

Definitely go up for the spirits though.

if the spirits are on an amazing offer and you can't source an offer down here, its worth it. But after last decembers budget & the UK budget, price difference is about €2 per bottle (difference in duty & vat) when comparing standard prices.

best offers in NI usually about £12 (€14.70) for standard bottle of vodka - currently tesco have the rather nice Finlandia vodka at €17 down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

I was up a few weeks ago and got 45 bottles of Budweiser for £20 in Tesco.

Also it was 5% as apposed to the 4.3% here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

rebelccfc wrote: »
    I was up a few weeks ago and got 45 bottles of Budweiser for £20 in Tesco.

Also it was 5% as apposed to the 4.3% here.

but probably 275ml in size - the one in the south is 20% bigger at 330ml.

Then again - if its been handed out at the party, a smaller size might be better.

Advertisement