Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Account.... ????

Options
  • 20-07-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Myself and my boyfriend are moving into a rented apartment in the coming weeks and we both have our own personal bank accounts (I'm with PTSB and he's with BOI) but we are looking into getting a joint account for things like rent and bills etc...

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how difficult it would be to open a joint account or which bank would be more suitable.

Basically, my wages and his wages would go into our own separate accounts and the money required for the rent etc would then transferred by standing order into the joint account while keeping our remaining money separate.

Does any one have any advice on this? or are we causing more trouble for ourselves????

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Hi ali85

This is what my gf and I have done for our mortgage, im with AIB and she's with PTSB
    We both transfer money on pay day into the account for the bills etc. I'd highly advise it.

As for setting one up, its fairly straight forward, go to whatever branch and you will BOTH have to sign up for the account, give your signatures etc.

The only thing to watch out for is some small things (im not 100% sure on these) but your other half wont be able to close the account without your permission etc. Bar that its all the same. Both of you will be issued with a lazer card.
    The hardest part of a joint account is, keeping it topped up :D
    Hope this helps.

EDIT:
    One thing i forgot to mention, as our joint account is with PTSB,
    Im with AIB, she's with PTSB
    When we both transfer money into the account on payday, her's is in straight away, mine takes a day or two.

Advertisement