Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a small clothes shop,,where to start!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SAM222

Hi Bigdreamer,

If you're still looking for suppliers (or anyone who is), contact me at info@s4f.ie ... I might be able to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Giggles90

Hi,

I'm hoping to set up a kids clothes shop, but finding it difficult to find suppliers which I'm 100% happy with!
    I was hoping to have a range of clothes that suit a variety of budgets!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Bigdreamer, I have big dreams of my own, curious to know how you've gotten on with all of this or whether you went ahead with it in the end as I haven't seen any further posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Seems today is the day for dragging up the zombies!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Seems today is the day for dragging up the zombies!

Why what other zombies have u encountered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nishta

ted1 wrote: »
    send me a pm when i have time later go the week i'll give you a
    detailed answer. The misses had a boutique shop in the westbury mall but closed it due to new baby coinciding with the recission. You'll be looking at trade shows out side of ireland. Stock fillers from fashion city in ballymount. Good location is the key. Try to get in contact in stylists and the magazines. They'll be a great assist. She was often featured in image, tattler, off the rails , ireland am etc. Its all about getting free exposure.
    Hi ted1 could you help me,i have somr k8nd of experience as i can manage a shop and also good at doing windows and controll8ng staff like hirering and stuff.
    My email is v.deojee@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

nishta wrote: »
    Hi ted1 could you help me,i have somr k8nd of experience as i can manage a shop and also good at doing windows and controll8ng staff like hirering and stuff.
    My email is v.deojee@yahoo.ie

Seeing as they made that post in 2010 I would imagine they have probably found out all they need or its probably too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daisybelle

detailed answer. The misses had a boutique shop in the westbury mall but closed it due to new baby coinciding with the recission. You'll be looking at trade shows out side of ireland. Stock fillers from fashion city in ballymount. Good location is the key. Try to get in contact in stylists and the magazines. They'll be a great assist. She was often featured in image, tattler, off the rails , ireland am etc. Its all about getting free exposure.[/QUOTE

Hi Ted! Would you mind giving me the same advice, looking to do the same thing! You sound like you know what your talking about. Where to get the clothes really! Regards Daisybelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Daisybelle wrote: »
    detailed answer. The misses had a boutique shop in the westbury mall but closed it due to new baby coinciding with the recission. You'll be looking at trade shows out side of ireland. Stock fillers from fashion city in ballymount. Good location is the key. Try to get in contact in stylists and the magazines. They'll be a great assist. She was often featured in image, tattler, off the rails , ireland am etc. Its all about getting free exposure.[/QUOTE

Hi Ted! Would you mind giving me the same advice, looking to do the same thing! You sound like you know what your talking about. Where to get the clothes really! Regards Daisybelle.

Its best to start a new thread instead of bumping an old one. To start with its worth a trip out to Fashion City then go to as many trade shows as possible and do a lot of googling! Even if you can't make it to trade shows it is worth going on to their website and going through the list of exhibitors to look out for new designers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Please do not drag up old threads.

Thanks

Dbran

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement