Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are you getting your copy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

7 hour guest pass?

Friend of mine in france bought a copy and got 2x7 hour guest passes, code doesnt seem to want to work tho.

If anyone has a boxed copy of the game, you can install it now and start playing. Midnight in russia was 25 mins ago so its live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

not according to blizzard, russia got stiffed with the EU release time

"On 27/07/2010 10:00 CEST, when sales of digital copies begin in Europe and Russia" from here, http://eu.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dustaz wrote: »
    Friend of mine in france bought a copy and got 2x7 hour guest passes, code doesnt seem to want to work tho.

If anyone has a boxed copy of the game, you can install it now and start playing. Midnight in russia was 25 mins ago so its live.

I clicked guest pass in SC2 and it said something about needing an account with an SC character linked to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

got me a collector account :D downloading now, 3 hours :( jesus its 7GB.

the brother has it running now, and it looks fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

not according to blizzard, russia got stiffed with the EU release time

"On 27/07/2010 10:00 CEST"
    I wouldn't say 'stiffed'. Blizzard were very clear as of last week that it would be 1000 CEST (GMT+1). A few uneducated posters on battlenet forums had to be instructed in the fact that there are actually timezones that are outside of the USA. "Huh! Is that Eastern or Pacific?"

And maybe its their own fault for not being in the EU? They would have Starcraft and maybe a Polish based Missile Defense System!!!

Dacian wrote: »
    I wouldn't say 'stiffed'. Blizzard were very clear as of last week that it would be 1000 CEST (GMT+1). A few uneducated posters on battlenet forums had to be instructed in the fact that there are actually timezones that are outside of the USA. "Huh! Is that Eastern or Pacific?"

LOL i read that. was hillarious. the ignorance of some people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I took a spin past Gamestop on Henry street and Game on Dawson street on my way out of town, no midnight opening. Was slightly disappointed.

Alarm set for the morning, straight out to carrickmines retail park!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I took a spin past Gamestop on Henry street and Game on Dawson street on my way out of town, no midnight opening. Was slightly disappointed.

Alarm set for the morning, straight out to carrickmines retail park!

i doubt many stores will have done the midnight opening in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

True. Staff O/T is expensive for a possible revenue stream which may well happen the next day anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was more wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Have Blizzard released the price for the digital download yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

It's e60. You can check it if you have a battle.net account on the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just after collecting my CE edition. 80e. As I was the first person to get it I got a cut out marine poster thing :D pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

has anyone bought in a shop yet for the ordinary version and what prices is it in HMV, Game etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

GAME - E45
    smyths E45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

digital copy at 60e? :pac: hmv i m coming!!

I bought digital.

Tbh i didn't think HMV would have it as the Henry st stores PC section is basically Dow2 Expansion and anti virus software. Not a fan of GAME or gamestop especially gamestop on liffey st. Forgot about Smyths as I never really buy from there.

If i was in work today I'd buy a disc but since I'm at home and lazy. Digital it was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Anybody spot this at a Tesco?, tried Xtra-vison,they had it in stock but not for sale until they get a pricing list from the head-office!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Non in Tesco or Xtravision
    Gamestop = 49.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

At work at the moment, getting my sister to go into game and buy it for me! Gonna be hell coming home, due to race week in Galway, and me dieing to play the game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Prebooked the standard edition in gamestop but when I went into buy it this morning they had copies of the CE edition left so I decided to buy it instead,man Im weak :o.

anyone wanna post up some pics of their CE editions dog tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

Gamestop in Cork still have a few of the CE's if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Just checked Blizz.net for the price, €60? fuggedaboutit!
    Might go for a stroll downtown at lunch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

€39.99 in HMV

Just went into Smyths and they said delivery has been delayed to all their stores until late afternoon, wtf? Was the guy just spinning me a yarn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Ended up picking up a Collector's Edition in Gamestop down in Dun Laoghaire, seemed to be pretty well stocked with copies.

Funky wrote: »
    Ended up picking up a Collector's Edition in Gamestop down in Dun Laoghaire, seemed to be pretty well stocked with copies.

Well stocked with CE or regular? Quick man, time is of the essence, I think I may be having a freak-out!

Well stocked in standard but they said they had a couple of CEs. I rang up and got em to hold one for me, could give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Just picked up the CE in GAME on Dawson St, they seemed to have plenty. Now I'm off to get a new graphics card... Starcraft is as good an excuse as any!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

€49.99 in Gamestop so bought it in HMV for €39.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the digital version on blizzard is seriously overpriced, €59.99
    the game is what i was expecting though, single player is great fun so far :)

Funky wrote: »
    Well stocked in standard but they said they had a couple of CEs. I rang up and got em to hold one for me, could give that a go.

Damnit Funky, I'm down 80 euro now!

I actually passed by gamestop earlier, never knew there was one down there, so made a repeat journey, picked one up and headed home. It was very heavy in my backpack.

Thanks dude!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just rang Game on Dawson St and booked a CE. They said they have loads left, but that the normal edition is flying off the shelves. It's good to see at least some pc games can still sell well in shops.

Can anyone confirm that this is what the USB key looks like?

starcraft2ceapril600005.jpg

The very same.

Gotta say the CE is almost a work of art, I'm afraid to unwrap most of the stuff. The art book looks fantastic.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Damnit Funky, I'm down 80 euro now!

I actually passed by gamestop earlier, never knew there was one down there, so made a repeat journey, picked one up and headed home. It was very heavy in my backpack.

Thanks dude!

Nps man, glad you got sorted.

Yep that's the USB key Kiith.

Cool, looking forward to picking this up later today. The USB key looks cool, and i love the look of the art book. Plus, i've spent quite a bit of the day on the Starcraft Wiki page, going over the story/lore. Bring on 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit, I've been sucked into the hype and picked up a copy on impulse in HMV for €40. I haven't played the original and have never really played a PC RTS outside of CIV 4. I'm going to get stomped online.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Got mine in HMV and it's tormenting me in my bag.

I gave the cashier the stink eye though when he asked if I wanted to insure it for a euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Picked up the CE today,havent had chance to play yet.
    Installing now, while installing i took this photo :)

s7301105.jpg

Im wondering if i can play the SC1 that came with it on my crappy laptop?
    My young lad is mad to have a go of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hmv in blanch selling it at 45e!! jesus:pac: loving it tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

My local gamestop had one CE left so i got that for only a tenner more than the digital download - score:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

MY CE arrived from amazon this morning. They only posted it on Monday evening.

It's heavy enough. Running for the bus this evening should be fun with both this and my regular work bag swinging around my neck.

I have to say, the USB key is bloody cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

MY CE arrived from amazon this morning. They only posted it on Monday evening.

Mine arrived from Amazon this morning as well. Unfortunately no-one was around so it's in the sorting office until I pick it up tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Picked mine up in Game, Dundrum today. :D cant wait to get home and install it now.

Think they might have one or two CE's left if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Didn't pre-order: just walked into walmart (24/7 shopping ftw!) an hour after launch and poof - there were collectors boxes for grabs.

Meanwhile my cousin who DID pre-order had to wait another 15 hours for UPS to ship it out. Sucker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

What's the best bricks-and-mortar price for the normal edition?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked mine up from HMV in pavillion swords today, €40, last copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that this is what the USB key looks like?

starcraft2ceapril600005.jpg
    Affirmative. Theres a tab at the back that slides the male port out from the bottom of the tag as shown in the pic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement