Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshoot Accessoires

• 20-07-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Technically I know this should go into services wanted - but hear me out first please :o (t might come in handy for other people too I reckon!)

So - my query is the following. A friend of mine is organizing a photoshoot, featuring a sort-of alternative Alice-in-Wonderland wedding. We are having trouble sourcing the clothes and accessories for this shoot.

Basicly, browsing through Ebay and all that, it would end up costing a lot of money, there is a small budget available but as it is for her portfolio we're not talking thousands.

Where do people on here get their stuff for photoshoots? Source it from the stylers and Make-Up people? Anywhere that has customes available, or other advice on how to tackle this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

All my friends make their own stuff, buy fabrics or recycle old clothes / dresses.

It's a bit of fun too if nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There is a studio in Randalstown (up north) that has a huge wardrobe, big studio too. http://www.rsphotography.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you can't make it, you can blag it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Steve Reddin

Hi sNarah,

Not sure if I should be promoting another site here but....

Any site that deals specifically with modelling and photography (folio32, modelmayhem et al) will have lots of people in different areas who have something to offer a shoot, e.g. models, photographers, hair stylists, MUAs and, more akin to your query, wardrobe.

Have you tried to get someone who designs outfits on board with the project? I'm sure if you have a quick look at these sites you will find someone who would help you in return for the photographs going onto their portfolio as well. Not only will they be experienced in dealing with outfits, they'll have a better idea and good contacts when it comes to sourcing materials and such.

Hope this helps a bit

Steve

Advertisement