Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betfair: €50 Refund on Losing Bets ?

• 20-07-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I got a phone call from Betfair saying that if I bet upto €50, that I will get refunded that amount if I lose, Is this legit, I have not come across it by searching the net.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Was it 50e for sure? They have a long-standing 30e/25pounds offer going.
    https://promo.betfair.com/sports/uk/betting/seo/?promotionCode=BET234&rfr=3013&sid=10

Paddy Power do a 50e one though.

Make sure to read the conditions carefully. Only specific bets qualify and often people assume any old bet works.

Plus you'll find you need to make a min. 15e deposit on Betfair anyway so that sort of sets the ball rolling if you like a punt (this being the target demographic for these offers I reckon) and you'll need to pay 2e to verify your age etc. Before you know it you are pretty much sucked in. Fine if you are into all this, as I am, but just keep your eyes open. As they say if it sounds too good to be true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Yep it is legit. They tend to offer it to customers who have not used the site in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Oh if its an offer and you are already a member then its legit alrite. My mistake. Disregard the previous advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's legit all right.
    You can either go for an odds on shot and get the return on it or go for a 10/1 knowing you get your stake back if it loses.
    Paddy Power do a 50e one though
    Don't think they give you the stake back.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

scopper wrote: »
    Was it 50e for sure? They have a long-standing 30e/25pounds offer going.
    https://promo.betfair.com/sports/uk/betting/seo/?promotionCode=BET234&rfr=3013&sid=10

Paddy Power do a 50e one though.

Make sure to read the conditions carefully. Only specific bets qualify and often people assume any old bet works.

Plus you'll find you need to make a min. 15e deposit on Betfair anyway so that sort of sets the ball rolling if you like a punt (this being the target demographic for these offers I reckon) and you'll need to pay 2e to verify your age etc. Before you know it you are pretty much sucked in. Fine if you are into all this, as I am, but just keep your eyes open. As they say if it sounds too good to be true...

Just wondering do you know on the betfair 30e one, what bets is it limited to? Could i sign up and stick it on any old football match do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Yep. Can be bet on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

One more thing, is it only 1 bet of €50 or accumulative, like bet 5 here, 10 here, etc up to 50.

Advertisement